Sinister: Struan's Chest

mummy i've grazed my knee clj106 at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 6 11:41:54 BST 2001

Oh no, I'm third in line to post! I'm obviously not as obsessive as
everybody thinks I am. That's not true, I'm just also obsessed with sleep.

Wow wow wowwy wow!

I never thought anything could top Scarborough, but this was just amazing!
How could Ipswich possibly stage something this good? It doesn't seem right.

Well, I will try and remember some stuff that (hairy) Stuart, Feather Boa
and Mr. Moore haven't already mentioned.

We met in the main square and I went to fetch my new found friend Marianna
from Christchurch Park. We sat and rambled while Stuart's friends arrived in
drips and drabs.

The weather smelled funny and it was sticky uugh and odd. I bought apple
juice before I went in.

There were not as many twee people as in Scarborough, but I expected that,
and it made it nicer when I did see some. Hello to Stuart with his white boy
afro, I was expecting it to be a white afro and (hairy) Stuart thought this
was funny. I didn't.

We hung around outside while Brian Appleton played. he was great, but once
was enough.

I got told off for ripping posters off the door.

Our seats were right at the front in a sort of non-existent space. The whole
audience stood up all the way through and the atmosphere was just amazing. I
also saw people in the circle dancing across all the seats!

I danced the whole time even though I'd only eaten a few chips. I sweated
like never before and took photos like never before, so sorry to all those
in front of me who I know I irritated no end with my constant flashing (and
my picture taking too boom boom)

The set list was quite different to Scarborough with My Wandering Days Are
Over, The State I Am In, Mayfly, Slow Graffiti and that new one which I
would guess is the Spanish sounding song from the Glasgow gig earlier this
year.

- Stevie will have sex for £2
- Struan has lots of muscles but is also very pale
- I stood next to Beans' parents who turned around when I shouted 'Geddes'
very loudly
- Props to Elliott from Chicago for going to all the gigs (I believe) and
for dancing on the stage
- Props to security for not stopping any of the shenanigans
- Beans was twirling and swirling, but so was my new friend Mick Cook
- Struan has a 'camp pencil case' in which he keeps his medals for useful
people
- Isobelle danced like crazy during Gordon Is A Moron and it was just the
most amazing performance ever, topped only by Don't Stop Me Now! Words
cannot explain just how good that was, and Struan dressed as Freddie
Mercury/Neptune was just grate super brilliant
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....dribble...........
- I got asked for Katrina's autograph and she said I was the first person
ever to ask for it and she blushed and said no, but Neil said he'd sack her
if she didn't, so I got his as well!

This has taken on and off about an hour to write, but I have been involved
in various emergencies, so I hope honey will let me off when she realises
how excited I am and that I still have to get it all out of my system.

Belle And Sebastian, I love you!

Chris Jones.