Sinister: Anyone Can Play Guitar (but not like Nick Drake)

Moon Child evilmoonchild at xxx.com
Fri Jul 6 20:42:40 BST 2001

Hi All,
   I feel a bit naughty, as I haven't posted in half a
year... I never went to the concerts so you won't hear
any gushing praise from me :-(.
 I've been touring a play with some friends, called
Raindance. It's about domestic violence so it's a bit
heavy, but the soundtrack is great:
 1) Eels- Climbing Up to the Moon
 2) Counting Crows - Colour Blind
 2) Longpigs - On and On
 4) Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining
 Maybe not your cup of tea but I like them. I chose
the Eels.
 After we had finished me and the girl I watch
nervously from afar sat waiting for her bus. You know
that feeling you get when you share Ribena with the
one you love? I don't know what to do with myself, so
I just came home to my music collection. All in all
its a nice collection to have, a guided tour of my
life in 80 CDs.
 I must say I quite like the new B+S single...
Especially the last two tracks, and Jonathan David is
growing on me.
 I've just finished reading Patrick Humphrie's
biography of Nick Drake. Poor Nick. I've got his 3
albums, and I'm trying to learn guitar like him, but I
can't play like him no matter how much I try. Mmm,
just strumming for me. Speaking of biographies, I'm
reading the Lives Of John Lennon by Albert Goldman.
Has anyone read this? I must say it's upsetting me
tremendously. I knew John was a bit nasty, but he
can't have been that bad surely? Plus I dont think Mr.
Goldman is very sympathetic to his subject (quite
obvious when he starts to describe the Beatles as 4
little Dildo's). Oooo. I should stop reading it but I
can't, I don't have will-power.
 Sorry to waste your time, if any of you have made it
this far down my post.
 Has anyone any plans for a picnic in Newcastle or
Durham? There has to some other B+S fans around
here...

 Bye Bye, and I'll see you in about half a year...

                    Luv Owen