Sinister: Don't believe the hype

Alexander Bartilson alexander.bartilson at xxx.com
Fri Jul 6 20:47:55 BST 2001

Hi,
I've been a bit busy during the latest days it seems, musically anyway!

Came home from London and the wonderful B & S concert a few days ago and
yesterday there was this pretty cool music festival in Stockholm, Sweden
called Accelerator. Bands playing includes the Moldy Peaches, the Strokes,
Arab Strap, Katryn Williams, the Magnetic Fields, Black Heart Procession.

My personal favourite was the Magnetic Fields. They were really great. Even
though Stephen Merrit didn't seem to be on such a good mood. The played for
about one hour and a half and most of the songs were from the "69 Love
songs" album. They were really strong live. The songs were performed with so
much feeling.

So what do you think about the Strokes. Apparently they are the next big
thing. I mean, sure they're great and all and pretty cool but I don't know.
They seem to be a bit too cool and a bit too much
we're-from-New-York-and-we-don't-care. A bit too much hype if you will. But
what do I know...

By the way, sorry for this but if there is anyone who knows anything about
an available apartment in Stockholm starting this autumn I would be more
than greatful if that person would contact me in private. I'm starting
school at the University of Stockholm this autumn and currently have no idea
where I should stay. Thanks

Rock On.

///Alexander