Sinister: For the people watching on the telly

Mike K dontloveanyone at xxx.net
Sat Jul 7 23:06:33 BST 2001

Hey all,

Brazilian MTV just premiered the Jonathan David video, and i'm still trying to calm myself down enough to post. It's a great video, made even better by the fact that the VJ, who also is vice-prez of B&S's distributor here, said there was a slight chance of them coming down here to our sunny shores later this year. But he wouldn't say anything more. *fingers crossed*

I've settled into a sad winter routine of late nights and late afternoons, completely skipping that whole "morning" bit i vaguely remember. I got a wisdom tooth out, so I get to be frighteningly hamster-like for a few days. It wasn't that bad, and I shouldn't complain, but I do it so well.

Are there any Sinisterines in Denver? Or near? I'm going to be there for 2 weeks and i'd love to meet some lovely Sinister folk.

What happened to one of the two new songs they played at the Glasgow Uni
gig? It was mostly a two chord affair with hard-to-hear lyrics but having a line that sounded vaguely like "i dont live in my house anymore" or something. Anyway, it seems they've given up the song, or maybe it'll be on the next single? It's surely not one of the Peel tracks, though.

If any of you want my suggestion of a good band (okay, so probably none of you do but here goes just in case =)), check out Call and Response.
http://www.kindercore.com/car.html
I won't say they are as good as B&S, but then again few bands are.

The band list for Benicassim lists Big Star, is this *the* Big Star? I'll be even angrier at myself for not being able to make it to Spain if they are.

I've been on a big 50's/early-60's rock'n'roll lovey-type songs kick lately. Some of it's brilliant (Rhythm of the Rain, Breaking is Hard to Do) and a lot of its totally crap. For some reason I had a vision of Belle & Sebastian rocking out to "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To" (or however its called).

Anyways, I'd better get going. I'm sure I have something else to do. Wait, no I don't.

hugs
Mike