Sinister: My tip-toeing days are over

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 9 12:57:40 BST 2001

Woo!  That's it.  Tour's over and whether you love it
or hate it Jonathan David is now firmly part of our
lives.  Looks like B&S action is gonna be thin on the
ground until the next EP or Struan's next haircut...

...So um..  What shall we talk about?  Anyone read any
good books lately?

Hey!  Ever wondered who records those telephone
announcements that tell you what buttons to press to
avoid talking to a human being?  "Press 1 for Sales...
Press 2 for excuses... Press 3 for bollocks and
bullshit..."  That kind of thing.  Well it's me!  Yes!
 My first professional vocal performance was laid down
today.  Did it a single unrehearsed take as well.  My
silky smooth voice now guides lost souls through the
labyrinth of options at my particular place of work.
I even got to say "Your call is held in a queue" and
said it with absolute sincerity too.

Ken Chu pointed out:

"...I can't see sod all there because of tall
people..."

This isn't the first time someone on the list has had
a go at those who have the sheer gall to go to gigs
and be tall.  And just like last time I'm gonna join
in.  GRR!!!

But I realise now it would be overly time-consuming to
go around hacking the legs off all the tall people in
order to standardise human height.  The Web as always
has a more practical solution.  Just be careful with
that X-Acto knife and get a grown-up if necessary:

http://www.exploratorium.edu/science_explorer/periscope.html

Laura Llew mentioned:

"...waking up last Tuesday morning to a wolf
spider..."

I am now unable to sleep nights.

EEK!

Robster