Sinister: The joys of supermarkets on a Monday afternoon

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Tue Jul 10 00:03:59 BST 2001

Hello, sinister.

I'm not a fan of summer.  It's too hot and sweaty.  I prefer autumn, when
I can snuggle up inside under my quilt, against the rain and the wet
leaves.  Can't we just get this season over with?#

Of course, *soon* this city will be full of tourists.  Fuller, I mean.
It's *always* full of tourists, but in summer you always get all the arty,
English ones.  At the moment, it's just full of French school parties.
They wear denim and crowd me off pavements.

I keep looking round the city to see if I can see anyone else who looks
like a Sinister person, though.  Normally I don't manage, even though I
*know* that several other listees live and work here.  I did see a B&S fan
in the supermarket today, though.

The weather has been hot and foggy, which is just horrible.  At least if
it's summer, can't we have lots of nice fresh thunderstorms?

Yes, I know.  No content.  I was thinking: we've just had that lovely UK
tour!  And it's all over. Well, for me it was over ages ago after the
final Glasgow gig---well, it *seems* like ages---so it must be time to get
back to long, rambling, content-free posts again, mustn't it?

Incidentally, the Sinister website now has pictures of *everyone's*
favourite listee, the furry and honey-coloured Belle.  She really should
have her own email address, so we can all send her our crush votes.

We did have a thunderstorm the other week, I admit.  I was woken,
terrified, in the middle of the night by it.  The cat was unmoved.  He
sleeps on my feet.

I was getting my groceries, just coming through the fruit and veg section,
when I saw a woman walking the other day.  Uhuh.  Something's niggling at
me.  What is it?  She's got a badge on!  A B&S website/underground badge,
as sold at all the best UK tour venues.  As did I, in fact.  I tried to
walk back and forth in front of her a few times, to see if there would be
any flicker of a notice, if she spotted my matching one.  I don't think
so.  She pushed her basket towards the checkout with her toe.

Why can't we have hot, dry, blue-skys summer days?  That's the sort I hope
we have for our forthcoming PICNIC which everyone is invited to.  If you
can't make it to south-east Scotland for July 28th, you'll just feel left
out.  You know you will.  Yes, everyone on the list is invited, even if
you're just a lurker.  Even if you were in the Sainsburys at Meadowbank
this afternoon.

See, I had to put another picnic plug in there.  Sorry, everyone.  I would
pray for nice weather, but god thinks i'm an abomination or something.  I
looked it up.

see some of you there, i hope
love
xx