Sinister: 'Lucy you've got the wrong wardrobe'

Grainne Lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Wed Jul 11 20:38:13 BST 2001

Dear Everybody,
More gig stuff, sorry I'm so slow. I had a wonderful time at Ispwich and I wanted to tell you all about it.

As we walked up from the station, I tried to pick out the people who were going to the gig. I guessed nearly everybody, because who wouldn't want to go see belle and Sebastian, and I was right some of the time.

My (non-sinister) friend and I had seats high up in the circle. We played musical chairs in order to sit as close to the front as possible without actually stealing someone else's seat.

And then the band came on and they were wonderful, amazing, fantastic! Brilliant opening song, first time I'd heard it and it was terrific. The only other thing I have to say is mmmmm, doesn't Stuart have a lovely body.

Hello to all the lovely people who were at the train station waiting for the train to Norwich. I didn't actually speak to anyone but all seemed very nice! Hannah mentioned how attractive female B&S fans are, and I wanted to say that if the bunch at Ispwich are anything to go by, they're all adorable, male and female.

Since I didn't manage to  meet any Sinister people in England, I think you should all come to Ireland for Witnness at the beginning of August. It's a two day festival at Fairyhouse and all these people are playing;

Alabama 3, Alpha, Amber, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Anthony Mooney, Aran McMahon, Arveen, Ash, Backyard Babies, Catatonia, Charlatans, Clinic, David Kitt, Death In Vegas's Richard Fearless (DJ Set), Dope, Smugglaz, Eagle Eye Cherry, Ed Harcourt, Elbow, Embrace, Evan Dando, Faithless, Feeder, Felix da Housecat, Frank Black and the Catholics, Fun Lovin Criminals, Future Pilot AKA, Gemma Hayes, James, Johnny Pyro, Lift To Experience, Low, Mr Ray, Muse, Neil Finn, Noel Phelan, Paul Daley DJ Set, Paul Weller, Pelt, Placebo, PM Scientists, Proud Mary, Rae & Christian, Redneck manifesto, Relish, Ron's Mobile Disco, Scott McNaughton, Simian, Skindive, Slam, Snow Patrol, Stanton Warriors, Starsailor, Stereo MCs, Stereophonics, Stevie G, Street Thunder, Super Furry Animals, Teenage Fanclub, The Avalanches, The Dirty 3, The Frames, The Saw Doctors, The Walls, The Waterboys, thekeds, Throat, Tindersticks, Tom McRae, Turin Brakes, White Stripes, Wilt, Wood, and many more so!
n to be announced acts.

I keep hoping that Belle and Sebastian will be one of the 'many more soon to be announced acts.' There's loads more stuff at www.witnness.com
Note the two n's - it's sponsored by Guinness.

One more thing, I adore Jonathon David. It makes me want to give Stevie a big hug!
Bye!
Ms G Lynch

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!