Sinister: no new ep...

mummy i've grazed my knee clj106 at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 12 22:00:19 BST 2001

...in my dream.

Well, it is a terrible thing to say, but I'm bored, and the only thing I
could think of to do was write to sinister. Is that good or bad? I don't
know.

GIG FRENZY

I'm still in gig-mode frenzy. The only records I've listened to in the last
few weeks have been Belle And Sebastian. I'm afraid I'll overdo it.
I'm going to come out of the closet as it were and admit to absolutely
loving Jonathan David. I think it's the best thing they've released in ages,
certainly since Modern Rock Song (even though that is only two releases
ago). Stevie has done admirably and I will forgive him for past
misdemeanours.
Mick looks sort of shy on the cover. He told me he wasn't very photogenic,
but he certainly doesn't look any the worse for wear from keeping his
chocolate with his shoes.

NO NEW SINGLE

I have Belle And Sebastian dreams all the time so I don't bother reporting
on them. I did have one the other night though that is worth mentioning in a
sort of Nostradamous way.
My parents run a B&B, and the band had come to stay here. They were about to
be on TV and wanted to come into my house to watch themselves. My dad was
arranging the tele so that the sunlight caught it correctly.
Mick was helping him and looking out of the window.
He had a lot of loose hair on his face, I don't know why. I had just had my
hair cut (in real life) and so was probably suffering from this myself.
I asked about the new single and he said "och, we're not going to release
one". Apparently they had recorded a song about pina colada and suicide and
they had a bit of an argument with Struan about it.

PHOTOS

My photos from Ipswich are back. Most have heads galore, but some are OK,
especially one with Struan falling back onto the crowd and narrowly missing
my head!

I want to write more but will save it because this is already far too long.

Chris Jones.