Sinister: Top Banana in the shock department

Photojenni27 at xxx.com Photojenni27 at xxx.com
Fri Jul 13 14:32:41 BST 2001

Hello again fair Sinisterines...

Ick, it's all horrific and grey outside again today. Just for a change. And the radio keeps playing all the same tunes over and over and over again. I have a love/hate relationship with summers like this, when there is nothing to do all day apart from smoke, read books and drink coffee as well as catch up with all the emails you meant to send to people two months before but never got around to it for a myriad of reasons.  I am currently attempting to amuse myself by making a "Relationships are pointless" mix tape involving such classics as "You made me forget my dreams" by the adorable Belle and Sebastian  as well as a nice proportion of Arab Strap and Mogwai. They're fantastic when you're feeling ever so bitter about life and love and the suchlike. I can't be doing with summer songs. They bear no relation to the way I'm feeling at the moment. Maybe when I go on holiday to a far away nice place I'll feel much better, I'm not sure yet.
However, like the wonderful Mr Ken Chu (does anyone else think that his name sounds like a character out of Street Fighter who performs scary White Light/White Heat special moves? Please don't be offended Sir, you sound like a sweety and I immensely enjoy your posts. It's just an observation I made.) I went to see Radiohead last Saturday. They were truly fan-dabi-dosy, even if I did get soaked and nearly lost one of my shoes from being a short-arse and falling over when everybody started moshing to "My Iron Lung." I very much enjoyed Sigur Ros too. The lead singer is surely the most adorable thing I've seen from afar in a long time. They played one of my favourite songs (Sven-N-Englar) as well and it stripped me to the bone and sent me to the stars. However, I did unfortunetely feel a need to batter the traffic planners of Oxford City Council when I left for their appalling Park and Ride system. We managed to get to the car after three wrong buses and five abusive taxi drivers!
!
 later, and ended up playing Ban
zai on the way home.
Has anyone else seen that Johnny Vegas advert where he and a toy monkey eat crisps? Me and my best friend found it bizarre, but maybe that's just us.
And here comes the flagrant list abuse time. I know that many of you lovely peeps are going to Benicassim in Spain, and me and my friends intend to as well, apart from the small fact we are going through absolute hell trying to purchase tickets as we all speak English and not very much of any other language apart from Danish. Last time we tried, we ended up talking to a French woman who didn't understand what we were trying to do or where we trying to go. Sooooo....if anyone here is from England and has managed to buy tickets, could you possibly tell me how you achieved this momentous feat? I would be most appreciative and maybe even buy you a pint if I ever manage to get there.
*Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry List Mummy*
By the way, the new Bjork single is cataclysmic loveliness :-) At least Radio One is good for something.
Mr Peter Carter-Apologies, I am not ignoring you, and Thank you oh so much for sending me lovely manuscripts. Had people here from Cumbria and Brighton and so have not got much done recently. Expect loveliness soon.

Oh, the sun is out. Let's play Hopscotch
Cay
xXx

"I'm just a girl in cordoroys, I'm not terrific, but I'm competent..."
http://photojenni.diaryland.com