Sinister: so you say i'm hot & buff, then why are you dating other girls & not me?

Amy Bancroft phoenixx_ala at xxx.com
Fri Jul 13 18:42:43 BST 2001

the pinefox mentioned “strawberry wine” – which brings a good memory (thanks).  my suitemate freshman year alternated between only two songs for weeks upon weeks.  the two songs being:  the country song “strawberry wine” and that 60s catchy tune that goes “the only boy that could ever reach (or teach?) me was the son of a preacher man.”
and james thorniley had a great subject line from a weezer song, also brought back memories (thanks).

david moore gave me some beautiful new b&s songs.  of course they were on the internet, so I guess anyone could download them  (how thoughtful) – but for fun, I can imagine they were just for me.  to best listen to them, I invested in a mp3 player (ouch). but it made the 13 hour drive to atlanta like my own private b&s gig.  although no cool medals were awarded when I arrived (whoever got these is so lucky).
getting sidetracked
.after driving through a torrential downpour on I-75 through the Smoky Mtns (how I have missed mtns) surrounded by semis, I was a bit worn out.  so I stopped in the bible-belt-hot-spot of cleveland, tennessee at a gas station and bought
..a RED BULL.  where the attendant mentioned that the youngins were mixing it with vodka, and I said, “oh really? what a shocking concept!”
since the purchase (of the mp3 player not the red bull, silly), I have gone wild (truly) trying out new music that I found on this internet-thing
.its so useful.
“I was making button badges ch ch ch” – how great is that?  if you’re having a dull day, add some sound effects.  such as:  I was tying my shoes
ch..ch..ch
.and so on..

jenowl likes doc martins too; they’re easy to like.  I got my first pair before I moved to illinois and my mom said people wear boots and wool up there (gee, I’m glad she told me, or I would have frozen my arse off).  I just got a pair of sandals as an early birthday present.  though what I really liked were these pink snakeskin boots – quite cool.

well the flood of sinister boys and girls (so many I can’t name you all) graduating and hunting for that ellusive species, “the job,” has caused me to join yall.  I spiffily updated my resume and have mailed it out.  So there’s a chance I might be moving back South soon – which is fine b/c ‘the boy that makes me sigh’ is obviously dense, scared, or uninterested.  I hope it is one of the first two, but I’m frustrated (see subj line) so I don’t care if I leave this dang town.  on a positive note, I hope we all find jobs where we can listen to b&s freely, like Kate:).

I’ve only had two possessions stolen from me in my life
.
1. I rode my bike to the computer lab one night at college.  Hours later when I was leaving, I came out to find that some mean person had ripped the back light off my bike.  Literally, they took just the light and left a forlorn looking light-attacher/connector to my bike.
And it was at this point I realized the world isn’t always the nicest place (though now I consider myself fortunate to have lasted as long as I did),  so I rode back in the dark to my apartment and felt violated.
2. The next was my first pair of doc martin boots (mentioned earlier), a beautiful burgandy leather, taken from the lockerroom at the place I swam.
of course, neither of these are as horrible as the cruel person that stole Kirsten-across-the-lake’s (not pond) sketchbook.

well, I have given a home to an abandoned kitty.  somehow she wound up getting named foxy roxy which is a bit b&s related, I suppose.  so now I have two cats, foxy roxy and dove who hisses at foxy roxy when she gallops sideways too fast.  I refuse to take anymore cats into my one bedroom apartment, otherwise I’ll just be one step closer to my nightmare of becoming an old maid with a dozen cats.

bye,
amy

ps – I really like how dIrect is pronounced in Nothing In the Silence, much lovelier than the american way

shawn & emily – I will be in touch soon.  I’ve been in a yuck mood since returning to town.  From the look of some recent posts, I’m not the only one.