Sinister: graduation

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sat Jul 14 18:26:19 BST 2001

well, I did it. I dressed up, and got graduated.

It was the best day of my life. I don't need to get
married now. Graduating from uni is much more
appealing. I wanna go again! I wanna go again!

I started the day, after only five hours of sleep, and
we made the long trek southwards to Norwich. I saw all
my pals, hugged, kissed them all, and gave them wee
cards with my name, addy and e mail addy in it. I gave
my teacher this lovely cerise silk covered photo
album, with bits of tissue paper between the pages,
and mounted photos of the boat trip we took at the
start of June as a class outing.

I saw Darren, and we chatted, and hugged, and chatted
and hugged some more, and grinned like buffoons and I
dragged him round everywhere with me, running around,
as my mum put it, like an overexcited 5 year old. I
even tried flapping my arms cos of my gown. I had to.
My gown was dark blue, and my "colours" were salmon
pink. And I had to tuck my fringe under my mortar
board hat.

All those tears and stuff! All the bad things that
happened to me! I mighty not have got a 1st class
degree, but heck, I think I learned a lot along the
way. And I got a bunch of ace pals. And I know what
sort of people I don't like.

Now, its over. I got the yearbook, (a directory of
everyone who graduated and their addys, and e mails- a
stalkers guide to UEA) a teddybear mascot (mum bought
it for me. I named it after my best pal. These things
need names). I got my photos back from graduation. I
even got tickets for the after party, which was a
waste of money, cos people just gatecrashed anyway. I
got proffessional photos taken of me holding a rubber
tube (oo eer missus!). I got hugs. I got love. I got
happy.

Now the ride is over, but in retrospect, I enjoyed it.
I'm glad I stayed aboard, even when I felt sick and
wanted to get off.

I wanna go again! I wanna do another degree! its got
to be more fun than being an adult in the world of
responsibility! I wanna go and sit with my pals,
slacking, for the rest of my years, discussing things
that need to be discussed on a similar level of
intelligence! I wanna be surrounded by young people,
loads of them!

I miss my pals. Especially my favourite pal. right
better go now. Off out to posh dinner with boyfriend
and the folks.

Hugs,
Idles
xxxxx