Sinister: So many Christians. So few Lion (Llews)

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Sat Jul 14 20:29:16 BST 2001

             DOWN
                      THE
                               RABBIT
                                          HOLE

First, some questions:
Is the NME really qualified to make such diagnosis as calling us a "sick
posse of f**ked in the head psycho-fans"?
If so, where did they obtain their degree from?

If it is the same veritable spring of wisdom and knowledge where they drunk
from to be endowed with their formidable journalism and writing skills, it
isn't a wonder that none of us are worried.

Second, some comments:
Big Stu Boisterously Stuttered:
>Remember, the Jonathan David single is available on mail order from
> >listees in Britain, and the commission charged isn't financial...

Why, Stu, if this were an after-school special you'd pay a precious price
for your moral depravity which all started with subtly hinted pathetic
perversions such as this. Thankfully, I escaped the clutches of becoming
another Blanche DuBois and obtained "Jonathan David" without having to rely
on the "kindness" of strangers.

I've heard many of a whimperer claim that this version of "Loneliness .."
isn't as good as others. I don't know what kind of Hi-Fi systems you people
possess but any rendition where I can actually HEAR the entire song would be
an improvement over the copies I have.  I kept postulating what happened to
the person holding the recorder as to why the song was so incredibly uneven.
Were they trying to become one with the song's narrator and just took off
running jogging during the middle of the tune? Was it another case of
instantaneous Stu Swooning? Even with the poor quality of my prior
recordings, I still adored the song and that love has now blossomed fully
with having the single.

I've decided that B&S need to hire me as their new consultant. This whole
music of biblical proportion idea is getting tre tiresome. Anymore, jermiads
or haughty harangues from Mr. Murdoch and I shall be forced to forsake this
group for something more hedonistically appealing - like Amy Grant. Perhaps
they should part from the road to Damascus and try a foray into Greek
Mythology.  With my kidnapping adventure with Cupid, I can attest that it's
much more fun. Damon and Pythias would be comparable to Jonathan David and
think of all the fun rhymes with Pythias!  Or don't... Perhaps they're
simply caught between Scylla and Charybdis. (See! The possibilities are
endless!)  If my memory serves me correctly, REM might have already tried
this route anyway. All it resulted in were young boys with eyes glazed over
with music tapping their finger to their lips as they tried to figure out
the allusions. Anything which puzzles and bewildered males is good in my
book (which is filled with mostly pictures).

I Love My Car
I'm from the south so I know all about an automobile being closer to one's
heart than your spouse or more shocking yet - your own dog. However, I'm
here to tell you that such love affairs can be detrimental to your emotional
well-being. You go through 160,000 miles with a car, you love it, you care
for it, you lovingly call it Hubris because never before has a car had a
brighter shine or a engine that purred as sweetly. Sure, there were a few
scrapes when you let your sister drive and that entire ordeal about a
boulder falling on the hood while driving through a canyon in Colorado, but
still it's your everything. Then on a hot sultry day in South Carolina it
decides it doesn't love you anymore. Your gas foot was too heavy, your
braking too light, your frequent oil changes not enough, and  it's sick of a
tattered copy of Gravity's Rainbow sitting in the back window which is NEVER
going to be read. It's moving on, sweetheart. Oh it'll run for you now but
not without grumbling a curse of, "You're going to wish western North
Carolina had public transportation, baby" as it finally starts with a cough.
You're left scanning the newspapers for the next sale at the dealership will
you'll have to settle for another car who will just leave you at the side of
the road refusing to budge because you don't give it a high sheen wax
anymore.

Meanwhile, my friend just named his new car after me. Woo Hoo! I bet
"Llewie" has a great chassis. I can't wait till she breaks his hear - Awwww
yeah....

Laura
'meeting all of your Laura Llew needs since 1977'

PS - apologies to Grainne for thinking she was a boy simply because I'm
unfamiliar with her name. I simply thought anything which started with a
"Grrrr" would be associated with males.
PPS-  Bre, never before have I been referred to as "endowed." From now on,
you shall hear nothing but harassment and cat calls from me
PPPS - I love Chrissy because he's too Prissy for anything but a horse drawn
carriage