Sinister: One slice with butter and marmite, and one with butter and blackcurrant jam - main course and dessert

u07lec at xxx.uk u07lec at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 15 23:27:43 BST 2001

Good evening.....
Have finally saved up enough informtaion for a full post, sorry no real
content, but in a content-related way, Priscila, your B&S stuff has been posted
(finally.....sorry!) and should be winging its way London-ward now.

StevePeet mentioned throwing things out; I had to throw out three years worth
of NME and Kerrang, collected while I still lived with my parents, every week
(except for the weeks I was on holiday, obviously, but even then we had a
newsagent duty collective to keep up the supply), and after my living away from
home for over three years, my parents decided that they needed the space that
my magazines took up to put baskets of pot pourri or lilac bedsheets or
something in. Having to go through all that stuff, all the old interviews I
loved when I was 16, and the reviews and news that I had forgotten about, and
then I had to choose which ones to keep, which ones were worth dragging on and
off various buses over four or five hours to keep at my flat, where I don't
have any room anyway. (They were all worth it, but I ended up slyly putting
them behind some boxes in the loft, thus giving myself maybe another two years
before the subject comes up again, by which time I will hopefully be earning
lots of money, and have a huge room in my house solely for storing magazines
and CDs.......). Laura Llew's comments on the NME were spot on, but I did have
a fondness for it when I was 15 or 16, when that particular brand of dim
sarcasm was actually funny to me.

Everyone seems to be getting jobbed-up, showing the real world that B&S fans
aren't all lazy smelly students (or maybe they are, and everyone is just
lying). I have a new high-powered summer job at an oil company, frightening at
first but actually quite good, really.

Can somebody recommend any lovely new music for me?? I've been listening to
bleepy highbrow electronica for a while, and I want something new now. I've
read a lot about Camera Obscura here, but never actually heard any of their
music, what should I buy first? The name alone makes me want to own their
music.  And does anyone know any reliable internet mail order for music????

Madeleine mentioned "ironic" tshirts; I have collected a few ideas for slogans
for 'trendy' people and clubbers, and may start up a printing business if
there's enough demand.......
"quorn star"
"dog is a dj"
"prime genetic material"
Orders to the above address....

lyns

ps:re the subject line - marmite can only ever be served in conjunction with
bread AND butter (except when put in gravy, which is a different scenario
altogether)