Sinister: B&S for the masses

Priscila Moura thepris at xxx.com
Mon Jul 16 13:46:22 BST 2001

Hello kids

I came across something in a mag a couple of weeks ago that really
made me laugh and thought was worth letting you all know about. I
don't suppose any of you superior minded people ever read OK
magazine (neither do I, it was lying around at work, I SWEAR!).
Anyway, I was tearing off the telly pages to take home when I saw
this gem: "Respected indie DUO Belle& Sebastian released their new
single Jonathan David...". I can't remember the rest but I wish I
could because it was really quite amusing! Cool. B&S a duo.
Sebastian is probably the guy who sings on most tracks and Belle is
the girl with the gentle whispery voice. Makes sense, doesn't it?!
Next thing you know there will be a 5 page spread with the title
"BELLE AND SEBASTIAN SHOW US THEIR NEW GLASGOW HOME. The respected
indie duo move to a more spacious mansion after the birth of their
twins, Jonathan & David."

Anyway, on the subject of picnics, I don't know if I can make
Primrose Hill yet because I might have to work. I didn't go to
Greenwich but did attend pre-RAH. I was the girl who went round
shoving strawberries and cream down people's gobs because I naively
thought that the idea behind something as caring and sharing as a
picnic was to take stuff and pass it round. Imagine my surprise when
people showed up with individual pre-wrapped Boots sandwiches and
200ml cartons of Ribena. If you all promise to make me feel welcome
when I show up on my own on the 28th I promise I won't impose
strawbs & cream! (unless you want me to and ask me nicely). I'll see
if I can think of something more sinthetic and individual to take
next time.

Well, that's it folks! Can't think of anything else to say even
though I am always brimming with ideas when I'm lying in bed on the
night before I post. I should just embrace my saddo devotee mantle and get
out of bed at 3 in the morning to write. All the gigs and
recent events have had a curious effect on me. I used to be  normal
human being and listen to all sorts of music but since I joined
Sinister I seem to have become completely addicted to B&S and don't
bother with the rest of my record collection much. If somebody has a
remedy for this terrible affliction will they please let me know?
NME were right about at least one person. I have become a total
sick, f***ed in the head psycho fan. And proud.

Take care, children.

Pris.

P.S. Lyns, ta for the stuff. I was going to get in touch via my next
posting but you were one step ahead of me! (clever girl)