Sinister: death to prawns

Rener iodowd at xxx.com
Mon Jul 16 14:17:35 BST 2001

start the week with rener! or don't.

Alexander Bartilson wrote:
> yesterday there was this pretty cool music festival
> in Stockholm, Sweden called Accelerator.
<snip>
> My personal favourite was the Magnetic Fields. They
> were really great. Even though Stephen Merrit didn't
> seem to be on such a good mood.

that was probably the old food poisoning kicking in
... i went to see the Mag Fields a day or two later in
dublin, and they'd been on the point of cancelling the
show because stephin had been so ill. but he recovered
enough to do the show in his pyjama top, fair play to
him. he was quite subdued compared to normal, and they
altered the set list so claudia got to sing more
songs, which was lovely - claudia's great. it was a
completely top show.

from experience, my top tip for avoiding food
poisoning is: never eat prawns in dublin. not even
those dublin bay prawns (recogniseable by their beards
and their tendency to break into renditions of The
Ould Triangle at the sight of a pint of guinness)

dirtyvicar wrote:
>> Rener made a new friend who it somehow became
apparent had kept going to gigs to see the Mull
Historical Society support someone, only to arrive
late and find the headliners already onstage. He then
told her an amusing anecdote about the time he met
Isobel Campbell, but that's Rener's story so I'll let
her tell it.<<

it's not that amusing, really, but oh all right. the
conversation between isobel and this guy somehow got
around to Fans, and isobel said that she was a bit
scared of them, especially the ones who send her their
favourite childhood cuddly toys in the post. she then
elucidated: <passable chirpy scottish accent> "i
wouldn't mind, but ... well, some of them haven't been
washed for years, and they're really *smelly*"</chirpy
scottish accent>.

i hope no-one on this list is offended by this story.
i didn't make it up .... and i have a giant cuddly
ladybird that i've had since childhood (it was my last
santa claus present, sniff). it is pretty smelly. i'm
not posting it to isobel, though.

will salt wrote:
>>I'm not a fan of summer.  It's too hot and sweaty.
I prefer autumn, when I can snuggle up inside under my
quilt, against the rain and the wet leaves.  Can't we
just get this season over with?<<

too right. another month should do it, and then we can
all take to the streets once more. yay!

peter miller wrote:
>>Could someone, preferably called Keith, please tell
me which Thin Lizzy records Phil Lynott used his
perspex bass on?<<

someone's mentioned here before that the perspex bass
was a gift to stuart murdoch from philo (as we ould
dubs like to call him, whuh whuh whuh). is there any
truth at all in this story? i ask because phil lynott
died in 1983, and therefore i'm a bit skeptical. or
sceptical ... furthermore, i grew up being forcefed
thin lizzy and i don't remember philo having a perspex
bass, only a mirrored one. of course, the perspex one
could have been post-lizzy. anyone know more about
this?

bye!

rener

=====
"Yarr, its kind of you to deliver these copies of Jugs. They'll keep my men from resorting to homosexuality fer about 10 minutes. harr harr harr." - The Cap'n