Sinister: An essential part of every breakfast.

Jonathan Howell ojh9 at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 17 00:42:10 BST 2001

Hello you fellows...

Support you local independant record shop, oh yes please do.  I went in to
mine today to grab a copy of the new Beta Band type CD (which is great by
the way) and they presented me with a copy of the Jonathan David video...
which I'd asked about a while ago.  How fantastic of them...  it said 60's &
70's version on it... does that mean there are other versions?  Goodness.  I
wonder, am I supporting them for the right reasons, or am I using them...
perhaps they're using me too...  they do seem to have a lot of money that
was once mine.

Rener asked...
> someone's mentioned here before that the perspex bass
> was a gift to stuart murdoch from philo (as we ould
> dubs like to call him, whuh whuh whuh). is there any
> truth at all in this story?

Cough... well I'll confess that it was me that called out 'nice guitar' when
Stuart was putting on his stunning perspex bass at the Scarborough gig... I
was most impressed by it.  He told us all that it was a gift from the band,
but that it used to belong to... well you guessed it.  he seemed to cherish
it.

I was (once again) listening to the session the other day... does anyone
else feel that when Stuart says "he amuses me greatly" he might be being a
little sarcastic?

Of course there've been reams written about the gigs... so I'll just say a
cheery thanks to big Stu for giving me a lift there...  and for providing
enough quiche to feed a small nation (of quiche eaters) at our little picnic
on the beach...  where no quiche eating nations were to be seen, just Liz,
Stu and myself, and later on Charlie, Mo and Frasier (who I knew at school)
and their friends Tom and Lauren (??? I didn't hear her properly when she
said it).

There were other people picnicing on the beach, but not with us.  I went
looking for other sinisters but chickened out of actually asking any of
them... so if you saw a fellow wandering around the fringes of your group,
perhaps pretending to have spotted something glinting in the sand.... well
that was me, before I returned to the quiche, sandwiches and vodka lemonade.

Mmmm I saw a few people wearing ampersand Teeee-shirts at the Radiohead type
gig in Oxford the other week...  Hello if you were there.  I really enjoyed
that one, and have since bought a Sigur Ros CD...  It fits in at the
uber-mellow end of my CD collection (when I finally get around to
reorganising them by mood). Does anyone know where you can find a
translation of their lyrics?  I also nabbed myself some blue cord flares,
and a girl in the rain, though I'm not entirely sure what's going on there,
but she seems lurverly, I like her lots on the phone, but I'd like her more
in person some more I think...  maybe she nabbed me, I'm not sure.

Anyway...  I'm a-rambling now.

Hope that stuff is great for you all.

Love.

Jonny (is this me for life?).