Sinister: Illiterate? Write now for free help.

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 17 13:48:08 BST 2001

I wanted to post something last week, just because I'd thought of a really
good subject line, but I've forgotten it now. Oh well.

I'm worried by some of the recent messages on the list. Talking about ribena
is fine, because it's twee; and red bull is G!R!A!T!E! because it has been
the cause of many a good night out. But Marmite is just evil. And inedible.

Anyway, Kenneth asked if there was a list of the cover stars. There is
somewhere, but I can't find it, so I guess there's no harm in posting it
again:

Tigermilk: Joanne Kenney (Stuart M's flatmate at the time)
If you're feeling sinister: Ciara MacLaverty
Dog on Wheels: Joanne Kenney
Lazy Line Painter Jane: Thea Martin
3,6,9 Seconds of Light: Stuart Murdoch and Victoria Morton
The Boy with the Arab Strap: Chris Geddes
This is just a Modern Rock Song: Alan Horne (ex Postcard records supremo)
Legal Man: Stevie Jackson, Adrienne (Stevie's other half), Roseanne (one of
the Maisonettes); also featuring Robert White (the band's lawyer) in a
picture frame, and our very own Katrina House on the back.
Fold you Hands Child, you Walk like a Peasant: The twins from Icelandic band
Mum (sorry, can't remember their names!)
Jonathan David: Mick Cooke, 'Belfast' Bob Kildea, and Ruth Madoc from
Hi-De-Hi.

I'm sure I've forgotten someone there, but never mind.

I normally try and add something entertaining and amusing at this point, but
I won't bother today, because I've finally realised that I'm just not funny.

Swapping letters in your name is the new rock 'n' roll.

Ibg Tsu

Erm, maybe not...