Sinister: the long hot post of 2001

eric the half a bee cheesebunhead at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 17 20:24:02 BST 2001

I couldn't help commenting on the following, said by
the lovely rachel playforth:

- i have
> actually had an ex-boyfriend shout at me (in genuine
horror more
> than in
> anger) for buttering a slice of toast before
applying his precious
> bloodypeanut butter.  because, apparently, 'it's
already in effect
> buttered -
> that's why it's called peanut BUTTER'.  twat.

sorry, gonna have to pull rank here and stick up for
rachel's ex: besides the fact that british peanut
butter tasts like dull sand, peanut butter toast does
not in fact need butter. go find yourself a proper jar
of american peanut butter (I recommend jif), make some
toast, spread, and enjoy. mmm... of course, jelly (or
jam) toast *requires* butter. don't even get me
started on marmite. I think my dad used it to grout
our shower tiles.
and while we're on the subject: some guy in oklahoma
(I think) is test-marketing individual pre-wrapped
slices of peanut butter... more proof that the only
necessary parts of america are the coasts. and
chicago.

by the by, I've been listening to the aislers set a
lot recently, and I recommend them to you all. also,
is anyone is new york going to the coney island music
festival thing put on by the village voice this
weekend? http://www.villagevoice.com/siren/

off to make myself some toast,
eric