Sinister: It was Donald

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Tue Jul 17 22:14:14 BST 2001

Hello again.

There is some originally generated content towards the end, but first
replies and stuff.

Hanna wrote:
> hm, i don't know if this is list-abuse or not, but if you're not in finland in
> august, delete this now :)

I wish I was in Finland in August. Apparently the Finns buy the highest
amount of Donald Duck comics of any other country in the world. Makes you
think, doesn't it?

Whenever I meet Finnish people I always ask them about the Moomins and
Donald Duck, which must really annoy them.

Ros wrote:
> Yes, Warhammer is geeky (though some of my friends do it and are cool). If
> that makes any sense!

Warhammer pays for a friend's record buying habit. He works for the company
that makes it. One fascinating thing about Warhammer is they've signed up
some German techno label to do music for each of the races that appear in
it. Wouldn't it be great if they did that again only with indie bands doing
the music? I'd love to hear B&S do a song about Goblin Fanatics.

Jenowl said:
> Now I'm thinking about posse girls with their beautiful perfect makeup, and
> their playboy bunny tops.

Posse girls? That's a great phrase. It reminds me of the way the Norwegian
Black Metal nutters in "Lords of Chaos" refer to fans of false metal as
'Trend People'.

"Lords of Chaos" is a book.

Johanna, who also goes by the name Miss Simone Ginlemon, wrote:
> I’m blissed
> because on Wednesday I saw my biggest ever Finnish pop hero in the flesh. I
> stood no more than two metres away from him for an hour and I’m still
> light-headed. He’s like a wee pixie
It may not mean much to any of you but I’d
> say this pretty much compensates for not having been able to catch B&S.

But you never told us his name. Now I'm fascinated as to whether he is some
kind of cool popstar like you used to get in the old days, or some kind of
rubbish Boyzone type popstar.

I've just realised that I've only replied to lady writers. But then, I am a
*dirty* vicar.

Ken Chu, token man, wrote:

> Aren't cars great?

No. I hate cars.

Does anyone live in Dublin? I ask because I do. I'm thinking of going to see
the Harvest Ministers in the comically named Isaac Butt on Friday. They used
to be on Sarah Records when there was a Sarah Records, so they are
officially GRATE.

I've also been considering going to the Tomato club. The beehive woman DJs
at it so it's probably kewl.

Has anyone seen the Swedish film "Together"/"Tilsammans"? Like the
director's previous "Fucking Amal" this is so B&Sey it's not true. I think
it's in art house cinemas everywhere at the moment.

Anyways, death to false metal,

The Virty Dicar