Sinister: Hampers and Champers! Hurrahhurrah

William McKenzie wjmckenzie at xxx.com
Wed Jul 18 15:18:22 BST 2001

Hello!

I had the pleasure of meeting some of you at the
Tacoma Radar/Camera Obscura gig. Err.. I was the one
whisking Katie from Tompaulin around in a strange
tango..?  (If you're reading this, love ya, katie!)  I
was also kicking around at the post-gig party in Mell
St, Greenwich. Hello to all who were there. You were a
right bunch of silver-tongued charmers.

This is my first post, and I must say I've been
enamoured by everybody's winning way with a phrase. I
personally find Marmite and butter are winners -
particularly soaked into a lightly toasted bun. Has
anyone else found, though, that your last slices of
toast go soggy by the time you've eaten the first
ones? Maybe there's a novelty skiffle song there
somewhere, if not the beginning of a ropey
observational flatsharing sitcom...

Ahh yes, B&S. One thing that has really made me happy
has been the list's international flavour. Hi to all,
be you in Finland or US or Paris. I must say, however,
that I have been gnawing things in jealousy at the
news that the guys are playing in Brazil and the US.
The great Sinister stowaway, anyone?

oooops I'vejustbeencaughtbymyboss.

hurrah I've found he likes Belle and sebastian.
H'lujah.

But I won't get cocky - I think its time to go.

T-Pip
Will

PS: the subject line refers to Mr. Chu's great
pan-global picnic. Well done Ken.