Sinister: I was born on B&S day

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 19 10:31:46 BST 2001

Hiya kiddies

PIC-A-NIC...

Having a picnic on the 28th is a really good idea 'cos
its my birthday.  Unfortunately 'cos it's my birthday
I've already got plans so I'm NOT GOING *sniff*.  You
are of course welcome to come to Rob's Birthday Pubnic
in Southsea on the same day.  It's by the sea and
there are NO *@!&ING HILLS.

I'll be 26 which probably makes me Too Old For Good
Pop Music.  I'm not particularly looking forward to
spending the rest of my life listening to David Gray
and Toploader but at least I can write seething
letters to the Daily Mail about Eminem.

SPREADABLES...

Marmite is a very good thing indeed and must be spread
on hot toast which has been softened up by butter or
margarine.  And then eaten.  I remember reading
somewhere that it's handy for hangovers as well 'cos
it promotes seratonin production or something.

As for peanut butter: I know some people who would die
if they ate it - 'nuff said.

POETS...

PeetSketchSteve and others talked some jive about
Simon Armitage whom I once discovered is a fellow
alumnus of Portsmouth Poly (now 'uni').  He read a
poem about the city on Mark Radcliffe after receiving
an honorary doctorate - It's strange and exciting
hearing familiar landmarks being mentioned on the
radio.

PUNCHLINE...

Someone also called Rob mentioned how embarrassing it
is when you sign yourself off 'orb' on emails.  I feel
your pain, man.

Rboster