Sinister: summer's what you make it.....

Chris Horne hazygreyeyes at xxx.com
Thu Jul 19 20:35:03 BST 2001

Hello to all,

My name is Chris, and this here would be my first official post to this here
list. I live in Portland, OR right now, so I suppose I can relate on a very
minor level to all of you Londoners with your bad weather and all. But not
really, as we've had a very pleasant summer thus far into the year--sorry to
gloat, but it's true. At least you all have your picnics. It doesn't seem as
though the invisible twee among us in P-town have the organizational skills
to unite for a picnic. Or at least I'm putting my foot in my mouth and
speaking out of turn; perhaps we have them all the time and I just don't
know about it. At any rate, it's high time we have one, as I'm convinced
there hasn't been one yet. Agreed about wasps, but a good game of kickball
always makes up for any inconveniences imposed by insects.

I recently made the voyage down south to wonderful San Francisco for the
PopFantasy 2001 extravaganza, and let me tell you! I had more fun than two
barrels full of monkeys! A lot of you have talked about the Aislers Set, so
I am sure you're then also familiar with the How, #Poundsign# and the
Fairways. Amazingly enough, they all played a set in those four tantalizing
days. Along with Ciao Bella, Tullycraft, Aerospace, Girlfrendo, Boyracer,
the Cannanes, the Lucksmiths, the Brittle Stars, Hideki Kaji, Yuji Oniki,
the Tyde, Lunchbox, Moonrace, Bennett, Scrabbel and Comet Gain. But to those
other Sinisterites out there who also made the Mecca for popfest, you
already knew that. Speaking of which, are there any of you who happened to
go this year? Have you also ever at any given point in time been a Cutie
Clubber? I met a tremendous number of us C.C.'ers at that fun little
festival. That was quite extraordinary. So enough backtracking, yes, if
you've got the modem speed, you should check in on that Aislers Set
broadcast; every time I've seen them, they blow me away. Ahhh, but the
Fairways--no true B&S fan should be without "Is Everything All Right?"

About stealing bowling shoes. I've often contemplated the same thing, as
have numerous friends of mine. The biggest problem that I see in pulling off
this feat (no pun intended) is this, often, the bowling alleys will mar the
shoes with big ugly Sharpie marks along the side. Usually a number
corresponding to the cubby hole they belong to. The trick isn't how to get
away with it, that's easy. But how on earth to find a pair that don't have
marker down the side. Plus, as mentioned, they're often rather smelly...and
all of those feet. Ick.

Spreadables: let me say, I like my english muffins about like so: toasted
lightly, but enough to be hot, and then spread thinly with Vegemite, not
your Marmite stuff. Next, I like to apply a rather liberal coat of peanut
butter over that. Nowhere is there butter on my toast when there's Vegemite
on it. Butter is alright with preserves, now that I like. But the best
spread of all is Nutella. Creamy and sweet. But too much ruins the
yumminess, because it's almost too sweet for so early in the morning,

Chris