Sinister: Nobody Came

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Thu Jul 19 22:36:54 BST 2001

After the clamorous response to my last entry on
sweets, I have decided to withhold the next nougat, I
mean, nugget. But it will come, oh, come it will, if I
can just lug that buik to the computer one more time.

After the extensive response to my proleptic report on
Fr. McCabe's wake, I have decided to hold back on that
too.

I see that 'Peter Miller' has refrained from answering
my last post. Could it be that he just has no answers
to the incisive questions I put? I think it must be.
That is to say: he has lost his Big Book About The
Buggles.

Edna Welthorpe has not posted in at least a week now.
But I am missing most especially David Moore. Could he
have become confused and gone off to sort out the
peace process?

A book about value that is quite valuable is Barbara
Hernstein Smith's CONTINGENCIES OF VALUE (1988). Her
opening discussion of what Shakespeare is pretty
poptastic; I mean, relevant to pop. She writes like a
writer, too.

Has anyone ever been to Madison, Wisconsin? If someone
there offered to publish a book by you, would you
accept? Would it depend whether they came from 'the
right side of the tracks'?

A song that is quite good is Paul McCartney's - oh,
no, I have said that before. Let me start again. I'll
think of something.

A song that is quite good is 'Goodbye Girl', by the
Squeeze. Nick Dastoor, who is not reading this, will
not be interested to know whether 'Goodbye Girl' is or
is not a love song. He makes out that he thinks that
songs are only interesting if they are 'performed in a
modern style'. Perhaps he really does think it.

Ou, aussie, est le Cookie96 de, um, l'automne? et,
aussi, La Ours de, um, Care? Et aussi le Miel
lui-meme?

Pynchon updates have been suspended. For how long? For
ever.