Sinister: happy, happy birthday, birthday

Dan Metcalfe DanMetcalfe at xxx.com
Fri Jul 20 14:33:57 BST 2001

so sinistreens,

if i don't post now I'll procrastinate and then there will be no relevance
to anyone else's posts so i better get on with it ------>

----MR ROB BRENNAN!----
ok buster, at what time were born on the 28th July 1975 hmmm? I was brought
into this world (from a much more cosier one) at 21:30. two listees born on
the same day!what are the chances of that happening etc etc? i'm not having
a picnic, it's too cold in Leeds at the moment (so where did it go
struan?) - so it's the elbow rooms for many games of pool and white russians
(i'll take the milk and vodka - you take the orange and red bull).

----R!A!H!----
ok, i know it was a while ago, but R!A!H! was truly ace. best gig i've been
to i think and the best smeb & sbenastian performance i've seen (ooh - look
at you!). as befits my luck (read effort), i missed out on the greenwich
picanic - well kind of. me and my non-sinistreens (and non-twee) managed to
make it about half way up the hill before we collapsed in a hungover state.
so i've still not met any of you fellow listees. and all intentions for
visiting tate modern were replaced with sleeping in after staying up *all
night* in queens park's park after dark.

the hodottir (twas she was it not?) rocked with TSTIAI, though it could have
been us! we were in the box next to waldorf & statler and when struan first
asked if anyone wanted to sing we all pointed at our mate rich (nightingale
with the blues in case you were asking) to sing - but he was too shy and i
was too excited so struan looked elsewhere - phew/boo!

----WHITE STRIPES----
my mate told me to get tickets to their leeds gig next week, so i did. still
not heard any of their stuff, so i just downloaded (you ain't seen me
roight?) a track off winmx. can't listen to it yet as there's a meeting
going on ...

----KEN CHU----
's posts are grate. keep it up dude! and i want some bowling shoes - the
right colours for all occasions and little holes to let yr feet breathe.

au revoir my leetle churms,

Dan.

ps: i bought some imported *strawberry* (check it!) smarties from the market
the other day & they rock! well the red ones do.

pps: on that note, let me tell you about www.cybercandy.co.uk for all your
crazy candy needs ...