Sinister: moving over the face of the water

Merry Prankster ferrisfubar at xxx.com
Sat Jul 21 02:15:35 BST 2001

My first post. I never thought I would put so much time
into thinking about it. Woo (:
Hi, my name is Alice
I joined this list because I feel isolated from the Belle
and Sebastian team. While Long Island New York is a hotbed
of activity *ha ha* I felt very out of the in circle. I
joined this list because I thought it was simply a list of
Belle and Sebastian fans (which i am). I had no clue it
would be a list for writers (which i wish to be) all over
the world.
For the past two weeks I have read every post. I have loved
the fact that as I was reading Trainspotting, loving the
chapter where Spud empathizes with a squirrel, someone on
this list mentions it. I love the fact that as I listened
to Nick Drake's Way To Blue, the subject of one post was
about him. And I have purple bowling shoes that I stole
from wearing a pair of 99cent flipflops to the bowling
alley. *though be careful, they grow suspicious when you
ask for certain colors* Most of all, I love the fact that
you all incorporate MUSIC into your lives in a completely
hipster way.
I saw Belle and Sebastian at RAH. I was probably standing
right next to at least one of you! I was right in front,
bopping like there was no tomorrow. I have been to a bunch
of concerts, but I have never ever felt like that before.
What I began to realize there was that I live in the wrong
place. I don't mean that I should just leave and move to
London, just that Long Island doesn't do it for me. I just
don't dig lipliner
My favorite part in any belle and sebastian song is
probably during "put the book back on the shelf"

You came to dance, but there's no poignancy
When they all leave you standing alone

just thought i'd share that. i guess i should leave with a
quote or something. i dunno.hmmmmmmm

"Do not do unto others as you would them do unto you. They
might not have the same taste." -george bernard shaw

peace
love
grilled cheese sandwiches
and one ticket to the west coast,