Sinister: ...into the windows of my lovers, they never know...

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 23 19:19:30 BST 2001

unless I write. This is no declaration etc.
Well actually it is, and I hope you all pick up on that little pun,
you being my honorary lovers and presumably you will be reading this
in some version of Windows unless you like penguins anyway...
I wouldn't normally crowd your inboxes so frequently but most people
seem to be playing boring buggers and there is a distinct lack of
posts, probably because sinister officially dislikes summer and so do
I. Cause I did eventually get a job, but I have to get up at six. I'm
supposed to be on hols. But that's life.

There has been some fire in the sinister belly recently (another bad
pun, this boy's on form tonight) with the harshest fighting talk I
ever did hear coming from Mr. Jonathan Howell: I sincerely hope you
know PF personally, Mr Howell, because if someone accused ME of being
a closet Mills and Booner I'd fly into a rage and drop big boxes of
Ian Banks books on their house.

Anyway, my declaration: (I had two but I've forgotten one, ach, it'll
come to me)
I'm sticking up for Isobel. saccharine , yes, asthmatic hamster, yes,
relatively ample behind, certainly, but Family Tree is nice, you can't
pretend it isn't. And she easily gets away with the ample behind. I
think she remains really sweet and still a good musician, and I'd
share my ribena with her anytime, providing she asked nicely and
promised not to drink it all. Well maybe I'd let her drink most of it,
but only if I had another. Well, she could drink it all if she asked
really nicely and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
I know why there are frequent comments, though, (excluding the fact
that a fair amount of the Gentle Waves stuff really does suck and blow
at the same time) and the reason is this:
I bet loads of you were in love with her until you heard her comments
about your stinky teddybears that you'd sent, which turned her into
your mortal enemy and makes you feel guilty because you know that
Little Paws is rotting in a landfill site.
My new thing to hate:critics. Especially the media variety. Because,
someone works hard on a film, puts years into it, a lot of money, a
lot of time, and voila! An hour and a half sat in front of it munching
free company snacks and shifting about on their big fat arses, and
suddenly the critic has hundreds of suggestions and thinks they could
do better themselves. Come on, constructive criticism, it's not in any
way constructive, because it's totally ignored. If the cinematographer
 or producer or whatever does much the same thing again but better,
using the constructive criticism, then it's not original, which will
in turn gain a slating.

It is, as everyone keeps mentioning, ages since Mr. Miller posted but
we wait eagerly in anticipation...
Which reminds me, saw a good t-shirt the other day, it was for the
sheffield film unit and it said, "how will the film unit conspire to
bollocks things up this time?" "We wait with baited breath..."

Does anyone else get "hippy" and "peace, man!" yelled in there faces
when they are out in corduroy flares and diamond print tank top? Hmm.

pointing and giggles
Tom

P.S. : I know it's a long shot but will anyone be in Newquay (Fistral)
the week following August 18th? If so, paint "sinister" across your
face and wave a large flag.

P.P.S. I tried to think of an anecdote concerning a small pack of
hunting type dogs so I could use the pun, "beagle clan", but I
couldn't so if anyone else can they are welcome to it.