Sinister: Paul Bear-slice and the Temple of Doom

Peter Carter p.carter at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 23 21:43:35 BST 2001

I'll explain about the subject header later... *evil laugh*

First off, it has been 7 weeks (ish) since my last post, and I must confess
to many a sin. For those of you who don't know, for some of the time I've
been in America visiting the wondrous artsydeco at aol.com. More wondrous is
the girl in the flesh than she is on the computer. I'm certainly very
excited about her mix tape, and about the fact she's visiting little old
England in less than a month. If anyone is having any picnics during the
later part of august I'll bring her along.

Secondly, and possibly the thing I got most excited about was the message
from Honey, saying

"Poor Aunt Sadie in the chatroom suffered a fall too, but she has had a
hip replacement, for those who have met her and may be concerned. "

I'm unsure about whether I'm right or not, but this may well have been a
cryptic reference to THE HIP REPLACEMENT E.P by EUROSEXUALS. It may not be,
but something_sinister said she was spreading the word in #sinister, so I
live in hope. So, that's www.bondynet.demon.co.uk/eurosexuals , if anyone is
interested. Despite what the website says, it is ready, and will be shipped
as soon as possible. Apologies for the blatent plug.

As far as the subject header is concerned, Paul Bear-slice is my new
favourite name. It came from a mis-hearing of 'Polar Bear Fight', and is
undoubtedly wonderful. A story entitled 'Paul Bear-slice and the Wolf' has
already been written, and I'm sure more Bear-slice inspired things will
follow.

In reference to the ongoing Isobel debate... while in America I came up with
a theory that Isobel is in-fact a foul temptress of the lowest kind. This
theory is concurred with by the wonderful Kara, and is therefore passed into
the annals of fact. Anyway, just think of the gentle waves stuff you've
heard. Most of it seems to scream 'Look at me, I'm really really really cute
and innocent and lovable". The fact that doing this all the time usually
makes it sound shit doesn't really bother her as long as it's getting the me
ssage across. Added to this, 'Swansong for You' (as well as playing the old
pop trick of making out that she's singing a song to YOU) has a picture of
her stroking a CAT on the front. How much more 'I'm innocent and sweet,
please love me' can you get? Anyway, I always pictured Mr. Murdoch falling
hook line and sinker for that, and trailing around after her like a love
sick puppy while she has him unclogging drains, changing her tyres, cleaning
out her hamster and various other non-twee activities. And all the while
she's screwing the milk-man on HIS piano (hence the sweat)! It's sick.

Well, I think that's the 15 minute limit gone, I'm sure there were other
things I wanted to say, but for the moment

be well,
Peter