Sinister: You Made Me Forget My Dinosaurs

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Tue Jul 24 16:40:44 BST 2001

Hello boys and girls,

It’s good to see Peter Carter back, isn’t it? I heartily think so. I’ve
missed is inimitable style. His band’s new EP looks Interesting, but alas, I
simply can’t be arsed to buy it. How about a freebie, Pete? Nice one.

Anyway, on to matters far more trivial. Bought the new Super Furries record
yesterday, and thought it was a bit on the shit side when I listening to it
through headphones on the way home, and then realised its true grateness
when I put it on my hi-fi in my house. Very strange. Perhaps it’s because
it’s all in surround sound, and I’ve got a posh stereo… Anyway, it’s good,
and I’d recommend it. “No Sympathy” is genius.

Saw Jurassic Park 3 last night, too. Now there’s a movie that could do with
being soundtracked by B&S. It was fantastically awful, and I mean that
literally – it was so awful that it was actually fantastic. But seriously,
they could have done with “You Made Me Forget My Dreams” at the end though –
it would have worked really well, having the twee bit while the couple
snogged (okay they didn't snog, but they Got Back Together), and then the
drum machine coming in at the end when the pterodactyls* escape, in order to
provide suitable, if weak ammunition for the fourth film. So that's JP4,
same time, same place, in four years? I’LL BE THERE!

Went to a club called Desperate on Friday. It’s a Pulp thing, and the mighty
Jarve was playing some decidedly dubious 80s-tinged tracks. Hmmm and double
Hmmm. The band (A.R.E. Weapons, apparently they’re mates with The Strokes)
was decidedly shit, too.

I also noticed that you can get some of the EPs on 7”, but they only have
two tracks on them. What’s the point of that then? Oh well, confusion
continues.

Oh yeah, and it’s official, my knee is properly fucked. Ruptured cruciate
ligament, apparently. I need an operation. It will be next March on the NHS,
or next week privately.

Anyway, see you all on Saturday…

Love

Asm.x

P.S. Is anybody on the list going to the Benicassim festival in Spain? If
you are, email me and we’ll meet up. That offer extends in particular to any
members of B&S, if you are reading…

*My computer actually knew how to spell pterodactyl. I’m ridiculously
impressed.