Sinister: One Hundred Years Of Solitude

Charlotte Hughes MillionaireSweeper at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 24 22:15:04 BST 2001

Hello members of la famille sinistre,

i'm stepping out of reasonably frequent lurkerdom here, albeit self-imposed
by a) uni, and, b) work.

eons ago, while talking about her time at university, Idleberry said:
'and i got an ace bunch of pals.  and i know what kind of people i don't
like'

which made me quite sad because i ended up not really getting on with the
people that i shared a house with at uni.  of course this could have been
because i was sharing with a pyschotic, obssessive compulsive fairy penguin
of a woman.  but there you go.

_yonks_ ago, Lola Monnet said:
'i like the things you write about also, the people i know only talk about
bad things like drugs and kissing a lot of boys'

with which i must firstly concur and, secondly, proclaim that nothing as
exiting as that happens round 'ere.

i have an artistic obssession.  i want to get an ickle portable labelmaker
so that i can type out random pieces of poetry while walking the streets of
London and tag people with them. this has two advantages.  1) said people
will be considerably scared and may start believing that they have a stalker
and, 2) i (and hopefully other random people) can then see which pieces of
poetry i (we) can spot and end up with a completely different poem,
depending upon which stalkee turns up first.  i think it would work
extremely well with Edward Lear's 'The Quangle Wangle's Hat'.  well, for the
scaring option anyway.

has anybody else seen 'El Nombre' yet?  it's a kiddies programme on bbc2.  i
recommend it highly.  it's of Bagpuss calibre.

i hope that rambling was intelligent.  i hate reading my own posts.

boondoggles,

Charlotte x