Sinister: my crimes are biting me in the arse

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 24 23:21:42 BST 2001

  i went to apply for another job today.  it is a receptionist job,
which might not be so bad because receptionists in movies are always
sitting around filing their nails and yawning, and while i have never
filed my nails in my life, i do like to yawn.  part of the
application required that you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 for
each in a column of adjectives.  there was another girl applying for
the job, and she leaned over quietly...
  girl: psst! what does 'assertive' mean?
  kirsten: well, to be assertive is to be despicably lazy, and also
incompetent.
  girl: ooh, i better give myself only a one or a two on that one.
  kirsten: yes, definitely.  and good luck to you.
 no, i'm just kidding, i didn't say that but it took an unbelievable
amount of self-control.  at that point in the application process, i
was reasonably certain that i had a decent chance of getting the job
over this girl, but then i got to the part about criminal
convictions, and i legally had to elaborate upon my night in the
slammer with tangueray the crack pusher and the mousy woman who had
killed her children. i was only in for underage drinking.  (when
tangueray discovered this fact, she was able to use her massive size
and her hardened criminal status to gain the rights to my morning
coffee and muffin, plus the ability to jab me in the ribs at any time
and make me hold a curtain in front of the toilet while she relieved
herself.)  it was the most idiotic night, but i still felt sorry to
see that part of my application all filled in while the other girl's
was blank and pure and righteous-looking.
 the battle is on:  knowledge of basic vocabulary vs. virtue.  i'll
announce the victor in ten to fourteen business days.
  kirsten

Care2 make the world greener!