Sinister: Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance, to the radio.

David Clark. Doyster at xxx.nz
Wed Jul 25 07:01:49 BST 2001

I finally got a copy of Jonathon David today (whoo hoo?).

 Those that say that TYCCASI sounds like "I've been to paradise" Are
certainly not wrong.
     It's a kind of a disturbing trend these days- bands releasing songs
that, while not being exact copies of a classic song from the play list of a
1970's AM radio station, certainly evoke enough of their "spirit" to be a
rip-off. Come to think of it that "something in the Silence" or whatever
it's called does the same thing , I just can't quite pin down which song it
is. And don't get me started on those "artists" that sing the chorus of some
long ago song and then fill the rest of the three minutes on some oblique
rap.
    God I sound so old.

Artsy Deco mentioned that David Byrne-in his youth-looked like struan.

Poor deluded child, the only thing that the young David Byrne resembled was
some bizarre breed of poultry.

Jo Perry said that her first B&S song was mayfly- the first one I heard was
Expectations, and I was sold hook, line and speaker-the most monumental four
minutes in the last few years.

Belle and Sebastian=(Seventies AM radio+whatever it is in the water in
Scotland that makes the bands so good) - (transmission loss and static +
dumb disc jockeys)