Sinister: I want to ken chu like an animal

Hewitt, Stephen shewitt at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 25 14:31:49 BST 2001

ello babies

inevitable bonus points for spotting subject err subject (however you will
be pointed at and called a goth).

So, I'm going to york on saturday for a wedding so i'm afraid you will be
denied my physical presence at the picnic (although i will, of course, end
up phoning someone i would've thought, who's on vodaphone (and going)
anyway?).  Am I also correct in assuming that the York massive are going to
london?  If I am incorrect I'm sure a pint and good company would be
appreciated if anyone fancies it, as i get in about half 2 :)

I saw GR on special in the window of blackwells the other day and thought of
you :)

I hope the sinisterines who were in genoa are OK, i must say the italian
police looked particularly heavy-handed from what i saw on the news.

At least vel should be easy to spot in glasgow in her white boilersuit and
bowler hat.

Orb said, regarding sundays:
for years they used to
remind me of avoiding unfinished homework by watching
Howard's Way.  Now they remind me of sunny afternoons
in quiet village pubs in the South Downs.

Am I the only one who still gets the "oh god homework!" feeling on Sundays,
despite not having had any homework to do for more years than they care to
remember, generally it's if i accidentally catch the theme tune to antiques
roadshow or songs of praise, or last of the effing summer wine (WHY AREN'T
THEY ALL DEAD YET!!!).

also if i may take this opportunity to apologise to the people i haven't
sent tapes to, it's pay day on friday so i'll do it then.

Dr PF:

I cannot imagine why anyone would give away their copy
of the Raintown LP. It is - I now realize - a pretty
high quality debut.

I never gave my copy away, although i seem to have misplaced my copy of
Adventures through the Ultraworld by the Orb (as opposed to Orb) which a
friend was after the other day, has anyone seen it?

I also never gave away my copy of "it's a shame about ray" which as well as
been the archetypal "short album" is also GRATE on a musical level i have
recently rediscovered.

also PF, tell us about go west and whether wicky woss has had that gap in
his teeth fixed.

I fear that priscilla may be known as "the strawberries and cream girl" for
ever now, go and get strawberriesandcreamgirl at hotmail while you still can is
my advice.  Also going to Brazil to see a band is clearly A STEP TOO FAR
(unless you live there).  also on the "people struan (no i don't know
either) look like" front, on stars in their arse final the other week they
had a bloke doing Jim (not neil) Diamond's "I should have known better" and
*actual* Jim Diamond was on and looked like an old bald stuart, in my world
anyway...

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

Baxendale next tuesday? anyone?