Sinister: Grate Lakes People, Speak Up!!

James Gilmer grey7 at xxx.net
Thu Jul 26 00:31:04 BST 2001

Hullo all you Sinister People. I've recently returned from a six week trip
across the big pond during which I got to see my favorite and yours; the
brilliant Belle and Sebastian, not once (oh, no) but twice. The Perth and
Aberdeen shows to be exact (shouts out to all the brilliant people I met,
you know who you are).

First though...

Grate Lakes Picnic!!!!!

That's right sinistereens, there's been talk of it in hushed tones and
rushed emails, but nothing official so far. I'm hoping to change that. A
Sinister Grate Lakes Picnic, sometime before September would probably be
best, but when? Where?

This is where you all come in, I've heard from some of you, but I need to
hear from more. So if you're in the Great Lakes area, Michigan, Ohio,
Illinois, Indianna, etc, or just want to hang out with some sinister kids,
drop me a line with suggestions on where and when and I'll try to come up
with a plan as to what the best location and time would be.

I'm actually thinking that somewhere in Ohio might be the best, most central
location, so if you have any ideas, let me know.

Right, onto other Sinistery things. I've having high School flashbacks this
week as my CD and computer have been spitting out the songs of my youth at
me. Billy Bragg, the Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Bikini Kill, Superchunk,
and many other of my punky-boy years favorites have been taking me back to
those annoying yet crazy times.

Velocity mentioned the protestor killed during the riots in Genoa, a very
ugly incident, which it's too bad a decent cause (rebellion against
out-of-control capitalism) is being taking over by twats who think it's a
good idea to attack armed police by shoving a wood plank through the police
van window (injuring servel police officers) and tossing things inside. It's
a sad, sad situation, and a pity someone was killed. Then again, the
moderate faction of the protestors need to be a bit more forceful in
distancing themselves from the violent fringe, before it completely turns
public opinion against them.

Since when did protesting automatically equal rioting?

There, that's enough politics for one post, lets talk about Isobel's ass.

The Lovely Lacivious Laura Llew said:

"my list of Top Ten Reasons Why Isobel's Bum Is Like The Pentagon"

I really don't understand the unhealthy fascination people have with
Isobel's bum. I've seen the ass in question, and it is not overly large at
all, in fact, it is rather average in size and shape. Then again, I don't
see the problem many have with Isobel. She's a rather attractive young lady,
and seems pleasent enough, and even if she isn't, who gives a toss?

I have to say I don't really understand why some people insist on
complaining about her voice; "It's too girly!!" I overheard someone exclaim.
Eh? Wait a moment, Stuart M has a girly voice and everyone loves him? A bit
of a double standard isn't it? The boy can have a girly voice but the girl
can't?

Something I hadn't realized before, Stuart is rather ripped. I don't know if
the man works out on a regular basis, but after seeing him I'd not call him
twee at all. He's got a Bruce Lee type body, all tense muscles and potential
energy.

Kirsten mentioned having to report her criminal record on a job application,
which doesn't sounds right to me, as I thought that was only for felony
convictions that you had to report. Besides, anything under 18 is sealed and
you don't have to report (I'm quite happy about that myself). Oh, and if I
were Kirsten I would have lied to that girl about what assertive meant, but
I'm a heathen boy, as Laughing Llew likes to remind me.

ArtsyDeco had the Soylant Green quote which was spoken by Phil Hartman on
Saturday Night Live. If I remember right, John Goodman was the interviewer
in that skit. Fear my quote-fu.

I'm feeling a bit surly today, as it's raining outside and I want to go and
walk about Ann Arbor and soak in its heathenness. I miss London, mad
beautiful London and brilliant Belgium, and all of Europe which is so
diverse and full of different people. I'm a bit bored by America at the
moment, though I love being back and able to drive again. I love my car.

Right, that's most likely enough for now.

Cheers!!

Jim

"Children are anarchists, not policemen" - Mervyn Peake