Sinister: Elvis has now left the building

Oonagh & Jonny localpeople at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 26 22:34:58 BST 2001

hmmm, i may have disappeared into some kind of black hole, as i posted this
yesterday, but it appears not to have made its merry way to sinister - if by
some miracle of modern science it ends up posted twice - apologies list
mummy! please don't tell me off.

my reason for posting is that i am getting quite disturbed and feel i must
turn to sinister for some much
needed psychotherapy - i fear i must be a fucked in the head psycho...

i am lay back on the couch, so please help me doctor. the problem is that i
appear to be haunted by mr elvis aaron presley (elvis aaron? what kind of a
name is elvis aaron? you can't imagine elvis aaron signing on or attending
his new deal appointments. then again, maybe you can...)

it all started last week when i was listening to a century of elvis - yeah,
i know, i know - the thing was i had a burning desire to listen to lazy line
painter jane as is oft my want, and quite simply couldn't be bothered to get
off my lardy arse before all four tracks had wafted through the air - i know
that he said that sinister is a bit freaky but i do have a sneaking regard
for mr david (oops - am i allowed to say that? no archives you see to check
if i'm a true siniterine or whether i should be persona non grata)

anyhow, the next day i happened to be travelling through sunny salford
(older readers may recall a certain lads club of note) to be bombarded at
every turn by posters announcing ELVIS! LIVE! AT THE WILLOWS! (for those
less familiar with quaint northern english traditions like whippet racing
ang pigeon fancying, the willows is the home of those giants of sporting
incompetence, salford city reds rugby league club, rugby league being a
*ahem* contact sport for those with a testosterone (sp??) overload, with a
ball somewhat incidental to the proceedings). anyhow, the willows is also
home to many a fine stars in their eyes fifth placed contender come friday
or saturday night. the fact that i must remain at home to tend my children
becomes all the more glorious with the thought that i could be living it up
at the willows listening to *celine dion* or *ronan keating*.

the thing with the posters was that it didn't say (in letters too small to
read) steven patrick appearing as ELVIS! LIVE!, but just ELVIS! LIVE! -
maybe there is something behind a century of elvis...

anyhow, i am haunted since then - i turn on the tv - mr presley is there.

i open my sinister posts and ms laura llew not only mentions elvis but
refers to always on my mind...

i began to seriously doubt my sanity when i went to see the luscious ballboy
play in manchester last night - i was fully prepared for the chorus of
public park aka dogs not kids with its i'll be elvis presley to your marilyn
monroe, but for the support (i know not who they were suffice to say that in
their mind's eye they were performing at their sixth sell-out night at
milton keynes not to fifty or so people in the night and day cafe) to
dedicate a song to elvis...

i am deranged and only sinister can save me now...

jonny

ps - did i tell you that since my baby left me, i found a new place to
dwell... no on second thoughts, don't go there...

pps - ms titchener was quite right to have ticked us all off (or at least
those of us who can receive 97-99fm on wunnerful radio one) - the white
stripes are rockin' - they've not so long ago done a cover of jolene, so i
await
jailhouse rock with glee

well that last bit should be in past tense now - they did rock, but alas
they did not jailhouse rock - perhaps elvis has now left the building...

must go - chris morris beckons...