Sinister: Ease Your Feet Off In The Sea

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Sun Jul 29 18:27:53 BST 2001

Well, B&S day has been and gone, and so has the Scottish Picnic Down By
The Sea.  As I was Picnic Mummy for the day, I suppose I'd better tell you
all what happened.

Everyone met up as planned, and managed to catch the trundly branch-line
train down to the beach.  There was a fair crowd of us---me,
gordonpicnicdaddy, sweetie, vic, steve, jo "pigtails are *my* trademark",
ian, harry, Jim The Australian, dimitra, andrew, sunnyset, Extremely Tall
Chris, Lots Of Other People, and most importantly, Belle, everyone's
favourite listpuppy.

After walking onto a golf course and making ourselves rather unpopular, we
found the beach and wandered along until we found a nice hollow between
rocks, in front of a deep, dark cleft probably filled with unimaginable
horror.  It was nice and secluded, so secluded that half of the picnicers
got lost, couldn't find anyone and walked several miles back and forth
along the beach.  We lit our barbecues, sat and drank, and discussed all
the important issues of the day.  We even remembered to put food on the
barbecues, but forgot to take it off again until our cosy cleft was
rather full of smoke.  The only way to solve the problem was by inventing
the now-famous Olympic sport of barbecue shuffling, pushing them up and
down the beach until the smoke went away.

Sadly, the beach wasn't really paddling-friendly, but a few people (Belle
included) were brave enough to try it.  They ended up rather wet, of
course.  Some people kept getting phone calls from a Mr K P Y Chu, who
I'm told is a maths teacher who posts here every couple of months or so.
Some people at the other end of the country had decided to have a picnic
too, apparently.  I'm not sure why they just didn't come along to ours.

Sadly, we ran short of drink eventually, and had to go off in search of
more.  The next picnic is going to be non-alcoholic, so we don't have to
worry about that.  Some people went off home, some went to the pub, and
one just fell over in the sand giggling.  I'm not sure who it was, but she
sounded like she was from Birmingham.  After that, we found the train back
to the big city, and had lots more adventures.  People were gaily
snogging, wildly drinking, and generally enjoying themselves. Sweetie
defended the rest of us from a four-foot tall ned who wanted to beat us
up, and the list's most belle-oved member sat down and did a poo on the
pavement in the middle of the city.  But all that's far too long a story
for me to tell you about here.

Oh, pictures *will* be coming soon.  I promise.

xx
embrapicnicmummygneissy

--
http://www.btinternet.com/~wpsalt/