Sinister: run christian! run!

Blake hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Mon Jul 30 19:14:29 BST 2001

for those of you who consider yourselves rockabilly godsends--

it occurred to me last night that i have much to share with you all, so
share i will, and share i must.  so grab your favorite stuffed animal; slam
down seven Red Bulls; go buy a red fishing hat; DREAM.  so here we go.

much discussion about isobel's PRAT.  for those of you who may recall, a few
seasons ago i sent isobel a declaration of love, and furthermore asked her,
one was hopeful, exuberantly idealistic, and the other had something to do
with marriage.  GOOD news and BAD news.  i got a reply!  yes, isobel wrote
me back!  and yes, she did check one of the boxes for me.  unfortunately, it
was one she had concocted herself.  so in scribbly handwriting next to a
haphazardly selected box were the words "BILL ME LATER".  humph.  and she
threw in her latest gentle waves LP for me, too.  not sure what to do with
it.  i don't suppose i should play it.

 i'm at summer school.  much to my chagrin.  chagrin often plays out as a
thematic preponderance in my life.  after all, i was born in CHAGRIN FALLS,
OHIO.  no lie.  i kid you not.  i would never kid you.  not to be confused
with twin falls, idaho.

people do not have goats as children.  therefore, they are not KIDS.  they
are CHILDREN or BRATS.  just not kids.

FLASH BACKWARDS three years.  i got marine research a few weeks ago and it's
adorable.  i'm going to take it to class with me today and show it off.

good grief, the shows coming this fall to the greater Chapel
Hill/Winston-Salem/Piedmont Triad are phenomenal--built to spill, pedro the
lion, unwound, modest mouse, and lots of others i can't remember.  this is
truly remarkable.  after years of complaining all the acts i wish to see
have flung themselves submittingly on my doorstep.

by the way, i have a CRUSH on the keyboardist from The Comas; they're a
chapel hill band that nobody really knows much about, but as i've said on
the list before, their last album is a pure gem.  i actually saw them a week
or so ago, and spotted miss lovely keyboardist in the crowd watching the
horrid opening acts and almost ignited a conversation with her.  but of
course, in true blake-esque fashion, i skirted confrontation.  of course my
in-line was to be something like, "i really like the synth solo on track
x!".  putty.  in.  my.  hands.  no doubt.

i'm afraid this is all i have
one of these days i will have something monumental to relinquish
unfortunately, that day is not today

the nerdy shy-eyed pacifist
blake