Sinister: picnic envy

u07lec at xxx.uk u07lec at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 30 22:09:52 BST 2001

evening all,
I've been reading all the posts on various picnics, and I'm quite jealous, as I
spent saturday day in bed with a stinking hangover, not in a park/on a beach,
eating strawberries and cream, and drinking (ahem!) ribena. Next time I come to
london, can we have an honorary picnic for me?!?!?!
However, not being at either of the picnics meant that I ended up going to a
party in a forest on Saturday night/Sunday morning/Sunday afternoon, which was
probably just as pleasant, but with more techno. Don't get me wrong, I like
techno (if it's good enough for SFA, it's good enough for me....does anyone
else remember the techno tank doing the festival rounds in 1996?!?!?), just not
until 9am when you're trying to sleep on a bed of twigs and ferns. I fell
asleep at some undetermined hour, (although I know it was light), and when I
woke up I had rolled over into a ridiculous position, had a fern on my face, a
spider on my hand, and a caterpillar in my bag. oh dear... Anyway, the only
real content I have this week is that the whole forest thing was particularly
twee, what with it being sunrise time when we arrived there, lots of beautiful
northern scenery lit in the strangest-coloured light, and that nice pine smell
everywhere (including all my clothes, days afterwards). We even saw a little
cave, which I think is meant to be part of the sculpture park that is in the
woods; it has a hole in the ceiling, and I think it is meant to act as a sort
of pinhole camera for trees. Or that's what someone told me anyway. They could
be lying. I'm quite gullible.
Only other content is that I'm currently downloading all the B&S tracks that I
haven't yet heard, they're all lovely.
I've spent the evening trawling around on the internet, reading articles on
brasseye, and reading the comments posted on the channel4 forum. What do you
lot think of brasseye?? (sorry if this conversation has already been and gone,
but I haven't been able to check my email at work recently, and so haven't read
many posts). One thing I did notice is that all the posts/articles I read which
were praising it were obviously written by the more literate people, who had a
wider vocabulary and a reasoned argument. Not really sure what I think yet as I
wasn't offended by anything I saw, but I missed bits and pieces of the show,
so....All the past brasseye episodes I've seen have been brilliant, so I don't
really doubt Chris Morris's work. I'm interested to know what everyone thinks
of it, if anyone feels like mailing me....
Have been listening to lots of Smog this past week. Good for the soul. Almost
as good as Marmite, but nowhere near as good as sinister.
I think my internet access at work has been slightly modified so that I can no
longer check my sinister emails. No, really. I have a summer job with an oil
company, and last week, while waiting for help with my project, I probably
checked my email a bit more than I should do; I check my university email
account via the university web, and now, at work, I can no longer get onto the
university server. But I can from my home computer. I don't think I'm in
trouble yet, but I might be soon, so I'm only going to go online at home from
now on, just in case I get reprimanded, get sacked, and can never get a job
ever again for being too sinister.
This post has been very twee for someone with my personality. See what you
people have done to me!?!?!?

love and isopach maps of the central north sea
lyns
xx