Sinister: Fast Fourier Transform

Stefano Santabarbara stefano.santabarbara at xxx.it
Tue Jul 31 08:26:59 BST 2001

Dear Sinisters

second most. hope ot make more sense than the previouse one.

lola said:<<i celebrated b&s day on saturday in my garden with my cassette
player, i
made a mixtape according to the song list of one of the belle and sebastian
concerts.<<<

I love your way of picnicking, since I've had to join the
same strategy to spend the Sunday and celebrate B+S....
but, I have to confess, I've also watched the F1 race on TV,
which is quite a sinister way to fall asleep

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

desmond said:..>>in saying that however, i only
brought 'pink moon' last week and going on reputation
i expected it to be half an hour of pure naked,
unbearable misery...i actually found most of it to be
kind of uplifting, especially 'from the
morning'<<

Nick Drake's Pink Moon is absolutely wonderful, and 'from the morning'
the best way to close an album ever. This song is just like
an open door at the end of the tunnel, unfortunately Nick Drake was depressed,
and still wondering how may marvellous songs, like 'place to be', 'which will',
and all in all all the record he could have written if he haven't had the
accident
with the medicines..
Anyway If you liked pink moon, you would also love 'bryter layter', which is
indeed much more relaxed, and also have a great song at the end which is
'Northern sky'.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

daniela said:<<<<At
least not near them, because it became a huge band and
everybody is interested on seeing them play, even if
they don't like their music.>>>>

I can't agree at a 100%, but according to me a band with something like
1000 people at the gig may be considered a popular band, and still it is
human to get to concert. I some pople more will join the concert and it is
in something like a club then you will sweat a lot, and lost any chace with
the nice
girl/lady you've met right at the gig,... something that however has never
happen to me since now... :)

_.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-._

Last thoughts is for the Genoa facts:
Hope that also, or at least, outside of Italy the things haven't been
distorted too much by the media. I knew some people being at the manifestation.
Reality is that there were a few (500-1000) people of the so-called
black-bloc(k),
which were actually destroying anything they could find. Someone told some man
of the police may have taken part in it, but there are no proof so this is
Just speculation. What's true is that the police (and part of the other forces)
just loaded the manifestation, at random, just to beat the man there. This was
something to make people scary about the police. Note there have been
something like
200 thousand people to protest against the g8. How could the peaceful organisers
of the Gsf, control everybody as the Italian government said them were supposed
to do? Someone said, so do not manifest if can't guarantee for all the people at
the march, well why not, don't do the g8, so there would have been no
protect at all??
The man shot was a murder. Why shot to the head instead to the body?

I thing I've gone a little bit to long into that, but I'm someway scared
about democracy
in italy.

Take care
Your
Stefano

PS: mats is fum. I'v eread a lot of interpretaion baout b &S.
wondering how may paramets may influence the constant S, but it would
modify only the amplitude and not the shape of the function,
if the other terms in the experssion are function. right lyns?
Anyway try to define life as well as b+s by an algebraic equation
seems simplistic to my eyes, why don't try with a
convolution integral?

Stefano
Centro CNR Biologia Cellulare e Molecolare dell Piante
Sez. Fis. Veget. Fotosintesi
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Celoria 26
20133 Milano