Sinister: A Hooligan Writes

Madeleine McNeil mmcneil79 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 31 20:17:31 BST 2001

I am indeed a hooligan. Today I went to Top Man to buy a zip up top, which
means that tonight I'll be out on the piss, shagging birds, disturbing the
peace and eating kebabs, and tomorrow I'll be back down to Top Man to buy a
suit for my court appearance. Ken already knows how RAWK I can be, having
witnessed my anti architechture rants and spitting fits in #sinister.

Permission to panic, sir.

I am going on another holiday tomorrow, just about the RAWKest holiday ever:
buxton, derbyshire in my mum and dad's caravan. The thing is, the loved one
and I are going together. This will be odd and frightening as we normally
get fed up with each other after a day or two and then we go home. But, as
we'll be living in a tin box on wheels for more than two days, sparks will
fly and I may be led to committed violent acts. And as the loved one is
Action Sindy and I'm Apathetic Sindy, it should be interesting trying to
make plans for the day. If anyone is in the ares and spots a girl reading a
book in a tin box and sulking, while another girl in wellies runs around
saying "You are sooooo boring!" then do pop over and say hello. It'll be us,
enjoying our romantic break.

I was book shopping in The Works yesterday in my B&S T shirt and the lass at
the desk said "oooh, like the T-shirt". It turned out she'd been to see them
in Birmingham too and we had a little chat about how great the Scottish
P!O!P! (allegedly) duo were. Do you think other people strike up
conversations with people sporting T-shirts of their favourite bands?
(apologies for terrible sentence construction) Or are B&S fans just a little
bit more friendly? Perhaps it's because there's a sort of (what's the word?)
cult/obsession type thing about B&S. Perhaps it's because people who like
B&S tend to like lots of the same other things. Or perhaps they're all used
to being laughed at by their mates for liking twee indie pop and are just
overjoyed to meet someone else who gets laughed at by their friends.
*shrugs*

I have been listening to Slip Into Something More Comfortable by Kinobe
recently and having fantasies of being an ice skater. I reckon the bass in
that song sounds a bit like Ravel's Bolero, what Torville and Dean
ice-boogied to. It has that dumdumdum dummmm thing too it. Perhaps. Maybe.

I think that's about it really. Erm....

Yep, that's it.

(Keep Feeling) Fascination

love