Sinister: Portland, Seattle & Olympia too! We are the lucky ones!

Chris Horne hazygreyeyes at xxx.com
Tue Jul 31 23:09:35 BST 2001

For those Northwesterners not aware yet, which I'm sure not a one of you
counts in as such, Belle & Sebastian are touring to Portland, yes here in
the merry Northwest, on September 11. If this isn't a reason enough for me
to expell one more breath on the whole notion of a picnic, I don't know what
is. Now I know that Stefanie has filled me in that *us* Northwestern twee
sort aren't full of enough gumption or what have you to organize such a
lofty thing as a silly old picnic. But I know she doesn't really believe
that, in spite of both Andrea's and Heather's failed attempts (& perhaps
countless others), and neither do I! So, we're going to have one and that is
that. I was thinking for all of the Northwesterners that maybe Olympia would
be a fun middle ground, but I think Washington Park could suffice just as
well, and the rose garden there is almost as if right off of the album cover
for Ladybug Transistor's 'Albemarle Sound'. So, who's up for some kickball,
music, barbeque, sun (hopefully) and lots of fun?

Chris