Sinister: consequences. a short story

Spiticuss at xxx.com Spiticuss at xxx.com
Fri Jun 1 01:23:56 BST 2001

    I've been having this problem.  And I'm not sure who to tell.  It started
about a week ago.  Me and Batman were hanging out in one of his crazy layers,
NY branch.  He wanted to put 'Belle and Sebastian' on the stereo, and when he
offered I said "B+S is for homosexuals."  I didnt mean it.  I actually wanted
to hear the song 'A Space Boy Dream' anyways.  I was just messing with him.
He turned red and defensive and then we got into an argument over if
listening to B+S makes you turn gay.  I was just kidding with him.  Never
question Batmans manliness.  He shoved me into a vat of chemicals and now I'm
invisible.  He didn't mean to shove me into the vat, is what he tells me and
himself, but he obviously meant to do something.  It was one of those things
where you try to be gentle but sometimes he doesnt realize how strong he is,
I guess.  I told him not to leave a vat of chemicals open near his stereo.
Well, whats done is done.  It might not be so bad if I could control it, or
if it was consistent.  It creeps people out when they're talking to me and i
disappear.  It creeps people out when i'm standing there listening to their
conversation, and then I appear.  And my mom starts crying whenever I
disappear during dinner.  She never liked Batman from the start anyways.  She
said all that violence was a bad influence on me.  She was a hippy.  Once,
back in her hippy days, at some non-violent protest, she went swimming naked
in a  pool filled with pasta and tomato sauce.  She asks why batman needs to
fill his swimming pools with chemicals that turn her daughter invinsible.  I
tell her she doesnt have to worry because me and batman arent on the greatest
of terms right now, and we hardly even say hi anmore in the hallways.  If he
sees me.  Never question Batmans manliness.

-sophie