Sinister: Disco....the Secretaries Blues

Jason McKinnon megatherion5 at xxx.com
Fri Jun 1 21:25:27 BST 2001

Hello....Sinister-at-Large:

Well, the nebulous handle that I had at a real job has slipped through my
grubby, guitar-calloused, little fingers. Downtown (no matter what Petula
Clark says)does not always make things "ok" when you are down.

Life in the district-financial was like a scene out of "Hudsucker Proxy",
life in a crazed dank mailroom filled with incomprehensible rules.

Truth being, that I lack the skills to work in an office.Those skills being:

1)Being able to act like I like people I don't.
2)Asking "how was your weekend?" to 10 different people and pretending that
I care.
3)Talking about the weather at the water cooler.
4)Letting everyone under me do all my work and have fun taking credit for
it. ("That's the way the system works, right?")
5)Being utterly scared of anyone with half a brain....afraid they'll take
your job out from under you. ("Cause that's what you'd do, right?")

So, I got the sack/laid off.....once again sunken up to unemployed
status......and I DON'T MIND THE POVERTY! I really don't....(yeah, right!)

Damn...four months was all I could stand...a failed experiment in living
badly.

All these folks graduating, I hope you find something that you like to do
besides do what our favorite band does.

It doesn't pay much being a musician, and there is no track to follow to
assure you anything but "beggar-status". Just the belief in yourself and
your abilities to emote and trust in the fact (conceit) that you have
something to tell that might help people.

Well, I have been neglecting that for too long.

The Exiled Prince of Pickles

P.S. The title of my post is the title of a song by Elephant 6ers
Beulah...they also worked in the same district as me and they wrote that
song about their experience being musicians and trying to work there. Take a
listen to get a vicarious experience of what I am feeling.