Sinister: it's risky and it's got woods in it

Geoff geoffpritchard at xxx.com
Fri Jun 1 00:39:12 BST 2001

I used to enjoy Jonathan David's witty editorials and his humorous game
reviews back in the glory days of Amiga Power, but I can't see why B&S are
writing a song about him.  Whatever next, a whimsical ballad about Stuart
Campbell, or maybe a rock-out 3 chord thrash about Mark Ramshaw?

The Conservative propaganda leaflet that arrived on my doormat claimed that
the Tories were "against all rules and regulations".  I may have taken this
out of context, as often happens when you only read 5 words of page, but I
thought it was pretty radical anyway.

Does anyone actually like the taste of lager?  Loads of people drink it,
including me I hasten to add, but I can't imagine anyone drinks it except to
get pissed.  Stuff like Stella and Bud is rank, but liquid like Castlemaine
and Carling is just awful.  If it was nice, everyone would be drinking
alcohol free lager all day long, but they don't, cos lager tastes shite.
Why don't people just drink wine, or amaretto, or gin and orange juice.  It
tastes grand, doesn't bloat you out, and still gets you tipsy.

And after drinking a few beers in a pub, isn't it nice when the landlord
stocks up the urinals with pieces of pineapple for you to munch on?  Do
girls also get fruity snacks left in their toilets?  One day, when no one is
looking, I might sneak in and have a look.  Maybe this time the police will
be a bit more lenient.

Ever since ever I've had a long summer holiday of doing nothing.  Now I've
got a job though, and as you could imagine, I don't get all of July and
August off work.  Apparently this is standard practise, although I'm not
convinced. I think I might call in sick with hayfever in early July, then
reappear in September miraculously cured.  Are there any jobs going where
you don't have to work over the summer months?  I suppose I could do
whatever it is that ice-cream van people do during the rest of the year,
such as teach.