Sinister: re:Andy Votel

mark heyward markheyward at xxx.com
Sun Jun 3 12:31:14 BST 2001

I've just read someone's message saying that they
thought that Andy Votel is 'the coolest guy in the
world.'I'm sorry,but this is obviously some kind of
joke-unless your idea of cool is a cross between Dave
Lee Travis and a tramp.What's more,the 'guy' is one of
the rudest and most ignorant people that I've ever had
the misfortune of meeting.He parades up and down
Oldham Street(in Manchester)with his brown-nosing
group of sycophantic hangers-on,sneering down his
hairy snout at anybody not wearing the right Adidas
trainers. <BR>I know that this sounds a little bitter
and personal,but I'm sick of people thinking that he's
some kind of genius.Most of his ideas are so patently
plagiarized(Burt Bacharach produced music boxes of his
tunes about 35 years ago,the Alfie logo is about 25
years old...)and the people who are really creative
and talented in Manchester are completely ignored if
they don't fit in with his little clique. <BR>I
suppose I'd better pause for breath now... <BR>And
don't even get me started on Monkey-Boy from Alfie.
<BR>