Sinister: Glasgow's where the dobbers go

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Tue Jun 5 11:48:30 BST 2001

Hello list,

Having no uni or no job is fun, I had an amazingly fun time travelling first
up to Offbeat night in Sheffield for some B&S dancing and excessive Red Bull
and vodka drinking, then felt ill the next day and went to the Sheffield
picnic and met some nice people and had a fun time.

Then, feeling worse for wears drove up to Glasgow (as you do) for the first
time ever for fun and frolics weekend watching various goth bands (e.g.
stabiliser) and people.

Glasgow is great!  I meant.. Glasgoo es fookin' grrea', ye fandan.  Drank
lager (eek) and a few Red Bull and vodkas and then felt ill the next days,
then endangering everyone on the M6, drove back to Nottingham through the
scenic road with some amazing BIG hills.

I stopped at one of the service stations where you can see everywhere around,
and just sat in the car and ate crisps and drank red bull, and "Beautiful"
came
on the car stereo, I looked at all the hills around and realised how small I
am and went all sentimental, as opposed to just mental like I usually am.

I heard the Johnny and Dave single, and it's grate, I was so moved I almost
bought a carriage clock and shoved it, but I didn't.

Sorry to hear about Jason McKinnon losing his job, well he got fired but it
was their loss cos he's a pocketbook angel.

but he also said:
>>and there is no track to follow to assure you anything but
"beggar-status".<<

except for getting a casio keyboard with a "demo" button, an old musician
with a big 70's hit, go to top of the pops, press the demo button and watch
the cash flowing in.  Welcome to the prosperous road of the Electric Avenue.

Or, if you have a large fan base already, and a casio keyboard, and can
yodel, you can do experimental music, bash some keys on the keyboard, and
yodel over it.  Bingo!  Cash AND world fame for being experimental and ground
breaking.  Jump in the river what do i see, a good review on the N M Eeeeee.

But if you don't have a large fan base, you'll end up with Panpipes relaxation
tape, which also sells well on the QVC shopping channel so all is not lost.

That's what I'm banking on if I don't get the job I'm applying for.

vodkabird said:
>>I am a Brummie born and bred<<

Yup that is correct :-)

Talking of vodka, Geoff said:
>>Does anyone actually like the taste of lager? Loads of people drink it,
including me I hasten to add, but I can't imagine anyone drinks it except
to get pissed. .....Why don't people just drink wine...<<

Surely drinking it to get pissed is a good enough reason to drink it, If
people just want a nice drink and not get wellied, they wouldn't drink wine
either, they'd drink red bull.  If they want a nice drink and still get
hammered, they'd drink vodka and red bull.  Easy.

Brummies and Red Bulls
Ken