Sinister: on a high, and getting down the broads

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Jun 5 18:55:02 BST 2001

Hi all.

I've just returned from a class trip out to the
norfolk broads. It was such a fantastic day, I really
have to tell you all about it.

We hired out a boat for the day, and drove down the
broads. We stopped at a pub for a coffee, and then
later on we stopped and moored and had our picnic,
then we went to a church and really, everything was
brilliant. The company, the wildlife, the beautiful
elegant houses built along the rivers edge.

I even had a chance to drive the boat. well, it only
had a maximum speed of five miles an hour.

The moorhens and their chicks followed us in the boats
wake, chasing us for food. The swans and the ducks and
ducklings dove after us as well. The moorhens seemed
to have some sort of odd thing going on.. as I drove,
I tried to avoid them, but they seemed so intent on
just going straight under the boat, that I stopped
avoiding them and drove straight over them, and then
they would bob out behind.

I saw a kingfisher as well, it darted over the front
of the boat while I was driving. I've never seen a
kingfisher before, but as a kid, it was my favourite
bird because it was so beautiful. Now I've actually
seen one. I thought it was a sparrow at fist, til I
saw its colours. That has totally made my day.

We sunbathed, and we drank. We had brought food with
us, but the teacher and another girl in the class had
made really nice food... pasta, kous kous, salad,
omlette with peppers and leeks.

We went to this incredibly church, and everyone went
up to the steeple to see the view. Except me. I hate
spiral staircases, and there were two ladders as well.
So i stayed firmly at ground level. I wouldn't have
been able to get down otherwise.. I'm so scared of
heights.

two of our class lazed on the boat deck, in front f
the steering wheel, as we drove back. I had to lift my
head a bit to see past their bottoms in the
windscreen.

Now we've decided to hire out a boat for graduation,
and drive down the broads again. Weather permitting.
It was such a wonderful day, I'd taken three cameras,
with about 36 shots between them left. Now they're all
ready for developing. I wasn't sure about taking my
expensive camera, worrying about it getting damaged or
wet. But I'm glad I did now. I just can't wait to see
the pictures.

The only thing that irritated me was my hayfever, It
started off today. While I was driving, of course.

I never realised how lovely Norfolk can be. But what I
have seen today... I've never seen such beauty like
it.

Scotland is  stunning, but Norfolk... I now know why
all those elderly relative and neighbours were telling
me how lovely it is.

Sorry theres no B+S content, but let a girl enjoy her
high and tell you all about it.

:)

Idles

=====