Sinister: Re: voting alternatives

zorba at xxx.uk zorba at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 6 22:37:55 BST 2001

kheydt <kheydt at erols.com> said:

> As an American let me offer you a little advice. Protesting
politicians is
> essential, but voting for one of them is necessary. I offer you
America's
> current "Leader" as exhibit A as to the importance of voting. No
matter how
> you disagree with your candidates one of them is sure to be worse
than the
> other. Four years (is it four for you?) of disappointment and
false promises
> is better than four years moving your country backwards.
>
> Then of course you could really be screwed and end up with the
loser in office
> anyway (Gore 49%, Bush 47%) Power, it seems, is not in the
people, but in the
> pockets.
>
> kirk
>
> I'm new to the list so I can't post this. If you don't totally
disagree, would
> you post it for me?

i don't agree with what this guy has said, although i can
understand why he has said it, but i do agree with him being able
to post it.
i'm sorry if that gets me in trouble - i know we are supposed to
avoid politics on this list - i don't agree with that either, but
that's what i agreed to when i joined the list.) i'm going to
respond privately to him, cause i'm not sure that everyone else is
that interested in politics (shame on you! :-P )

antony