Sinister: political content: dispose of as you see fit

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Thu Jun 7 19:55:09 BST 2001

general election time again then (sorry about political content, hit delete
now if you have no interest in the subject)

being the tender age of 21, i'll be voting in my first general election this
evening, i missed the last one by a matter of months, but who to vote for?
the choice in my constituency is weak to say the least.
living in a virtually assured labour seat (south shields has been labour
since we had our first MP) i'd normally vote labour as they've done a
relatively good job here bit as our MP of 21 years, dr david clark, has
stepped down this year to be replaced by one david miliband, tony blair's
chief policy advisor, a man who had never set foot in south shields until
this election, he's obviously been placed here by tony coz he wants mr
miliband to keep his place in his government. what does he care about his
constituents? he'll be spending all his time in london.

conservatives dont even get a look in, i grew up under the thatcherite
régime and i dont want to go back to that.

there are two independents standing; the UK Independence Party who have one
policy, the EU and keeping the pound which i dont believe in because a)
we're already *in* europe and have been for 30 years, and b) who cares what
currency we spend, we already had a major upheaval of the pound in 1971 and
we got used to it, why is it important that the coins we spend have the £
symbol on them or not, they'll still have the queen's head on the reverse
(although that's an entirely different argument); the other independent
candidate is simply in favour of better hostitals, a worthy cause but not
really a broad enough view in my opinion.

so i guess i'll be voting liberal democrat.  not because i believe in them
(although their policy for students is better than the big two parties), but
because i believe that because i have the right to vote then i should use
it, and spoiling my ballot paper when i've nothing to protest about is
pointless.  voter apathy really gets to me but i won't go into that here,
i've used up too much of your valuable time already.

is it really fair voting for one man over another just because he's the best
of a bad bunch?

ok so some content is needed i see.   is there going to be a picnic on the
beach at scarboria before the gig and if so, where and when?

will that do?

i'll go to vote now, i might just close my eyes and stick my pen on the
paper but what would that achieve, i dont agree with the national lottery so
why should i vote that way?
bugger i hate politics.

pez*

ps;    to the other pez on the list, i got the impression that you are
american, (are you?), if so i'll sign off as UK pez* and you can be US pez*,
ok?, it'll be like the charlatans and suede becoming the UK charlatans and
the london suede when they tour in america, or not.

www.pez.com - the wonderful world of pez ;)

ivorytowers.8m.com - ivory towers records

www.drpez.com - Dr Pez, Spain's premier fish doctor (i think)