Sinister: lurching lurker

Trish Brazil trishdelish at xxx.com
Thu Jun 7 21:59:48 BST 2001

hi there

sallying forth from the depths of the lurkers corner today, motivated by a new album i bought
today that i think sinisterines far and wide would surely love....its an irish guy - don't hold it
againt him - and his name is david kitt. he's not a friend of mine, though i certainly wouldn't
mind, and the album is called the big romance.  he released a mini-ep on rough trade last
year i think, havent actually heard that one, though some of the songs from it are on the
album.

having finished my finals yesterday, i allowed myself a celebratory splurge today by buying
afore-mentioned album, a brand new shiny book and and packet of yummy biccies (foxes
classics, since you ask) these are treats i havent allowed myself to indulge in for many
moons, so as i settled back on my bed this afternoon, relishing the wonderful feeling of total
freedom, i pressed play and fell in love. i'm no music reviewer so coming up  with the
over-verbalised wafflings of your average nme hack just isnt my style, they're just incredibly
simple, beautifully crafted songs. he doesnt have the strongest voice in the world, but that just
doesnt matter, the songs are just amazing.  buy buy buy, you wont regret it. (although if you
do, please dont be cross - no liability accepted)

so, sinister  kids, some advice needed - what exactly is it that you do when you've finished up
four years in college realising that you've spent all that time doing something you really
couldnt give a toss about? i've been drawing up a list of all the wonderful things i would love to
do, including learning the guitar, joining a band and having my as yet undiscovered brilliance
applauded by the world. alternatively, packing it all in and heading off to dunfermline for
saturday wouldnt be so bad either. (mind you, smart money is on me getting a job and
cowering in front of nasty bank manager)

maybe i should opt for the life of ken chu and simply adopt a new name and reinvent myself -
touring the country, living from one vodka and red bull to the next - much to be said for it i'm
sure!

ok, that's my bit for this evening - i shall pack my bags and reclaim my rightful place among
the lurkers of the list. and may i just be the first to say to all you lucky devils going to see
b&s in the next 2 weeks -

BOOHISS!!
(*so*jealous!)

enjoy yourselves on our behalf!