Sinister: William? He was really nothing

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Fri Jun 8 22:37:06 BST 2001

I didn't spend all those years in the wilderness
(literally - I advise on berries nowadays) not to
think it fun to see the Conservative party routed, on
the historically rare occasions when that happens.

I wonder. 'We' 'thought' that '1997' was
demographically, electorally, sociologically
significant - a marker. A Nicky Marker, even. Then
should 'we' not take very seriously what is almost a
reiteration of that result? I mean, the virtual
confirmation of the electoral landscape of May 1997.
Poor turnout? I blame the voters.

Congratulations to Dr Taylor.

Cazza sent a mail with a wonderful, 'provincial'
title, and made me think. It was thoughtful, that mail
of his.

Laura Llew said:

>>> I hope everyone in Chicago takes this personally
since I most definitely meant it as a slight,

and I thought that was funny.

She talked about 'Foxy Fields' too. Hey, Foxy, if
you're reading this - mail me. Seriously. I mean, are
we going to take sandwiches to Cookie's picnic or not?

My editor has started going on about the Penguin Books
Internet Café Orchestra Pit. Really. She just has this
perverse streak.